Cabinet Hinges

Just bought a few euro hinges to play with as I had never seen any actually installed. They look so NEAT! Then I remembered that every cabinet in the house and shop are NOT overlay or inset, they are both. 3/8 of the door thickness is inside the opening and the rest is outside. Was going to try them on the shop cabinets but they are the same.

When we moved into this house SWMBO wanted the kitchen cabinets repainted. I removed the hinges, handles and drawer pulls from 33 cabinets and no telling how many drawers for the painters, then put them all back afterward. A year later she wanted to change out from the bronzy hardware to the black iron look. That meant converting the drawer pulls from two-holers to one-holers, filling the holes and repainting. I took a hinge to the store and bought some just like them--the zig-zag type--and started replacing them. The holes on the door side fit, the face frame side did not quite fit. Pegged all the old holes and drilled new ones.

I am not about to tell her about the blums. I hid them in the shop before she saw them. Maybe I'll build something that can use them, but again, maybe not

Reply to
G. Ross