Soiltac soil stabilizer

Page 2 of 2

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 22:10:56 -0800, Larry Caldwell wrote:

"Depending on where you live" also applies to the permit process and whether there is competent "guidance" available.
(Ann) says...

DSC is a federal agency, and the available resources should be the same anywhere in the USA.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:52:27 -0800, Larry Caldwell wrote:

What I'd written (in part) was: "Depending on where you live and whether any existing regulations are enforced, you may or may not be allowed to do work in the stream bed without a permit. ..."
Afaik, the SCS (Now, named the National Resources Conservation Service) has no standing to issue permits. My county's Conservation District does issue some minor water permits, but it's under the supervision of the state Dept. of Environmental Protection.
(Ann) says...

Yes, and if your stream is navigable or tributary to navigable waters, you will also need a permit from the Corps of Engineers. Your local conservation services field rep has all the forms for permit applications, and details of acceptable projects. If your goal is actually soil conservation and watershed improvement, not a new boat dock or trout pond, you will find the permit process is pretty straightforward. If you can't read the handouts, or just want to be a jerk, hell will freeze over before you get a permit.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:12:11 -0800, Larry Caldwell wrote:

Nope, I just double-checked my county CD's website. "Some [publications] are also available from your local Conservation District office. All are available at the DEP website 'Bookstore',"

I didn't write that it would be difficult to get a permit. I've never applied for one, but have had people say the process is a nuisance. And, certain permits are difficult. It took an adjoining township "forever" to get one to remove some gravel bars.
Mr. Willis,
Thank you for inquiring about Soiltac from Soilworks lines of soil stabilizers & dust control agents.
Soilworks, LLC is the innovator and manufacturer of Soiltac soil stabilizer and dust control agent. Soiltac is an eco-safe, biodegradable, liquid copolymer used to stabilize and solidify any soil or aggregate as well as erosion control and dust suppression.
Soilworks' recent advances in simulation, chemistry, processing techniques, and analytical instrumentation have allowed a whole host of new types of polymer particles and polymer nanotechnology applications to be realized. These advances led to the revolutionary development of nanotechnology into Soiltac's superior performance.
Once applied to the soil or aggregate, the copolymer molecules coalesce forming bonds between the soil or aggregate particles. The key advantage of Soiltac originates with its long, nanoparticle molecular structure that link and cross-link together. As the water dissipates from the soil or aggregate, a durable and water resistant matrix of flexible solid-mass is created. Once cured, Soiltac becomes completely transparent, leaving the natural landscape to appear untouched.
Soiltac results are based on the application rate used. Modest application rates are useful for dust suppression and erosion control by creating a three-dimensional cap or surface crust. Heavier rates can generate qualities similar to cement; useful for soil solidification and stabilization found in road building. By adjusting the application rate, Soiltac can remain effective from weeks to several years. Most importantly, Soiltac is a truly biodegradable product that is completely environmentally safe to use.
Soiltac has been rigorously evaluated and its performance verified by the U.S. Army Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC) against the industry's traditional top performing soil stabilizers and dust control agents. As a result, the Department of Defense continues to award Soilworks with contracts to supply Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom and the on-going Iraq rebuilding efforts with Soiltac. Its success with the U.S Military and Allied Forces has led to Soilworks GSA contract (# GS-07F-5364P) and a complete listing of National Stock Numbers for the U.S. Department of Defense warehouses.
Soiltac's advanced nanotechnology is modernizing the way we stabilize soils and aggregates in addition to controlling dust and erosion for a whole new generation. Soiltac applications are extensive ranging from simple backyard trails and construction sites to heavy-lift military cargo runways and global transportation infrastructure.
Soilworks is dedicated to economically solving soil stabilization challenges throughout the world's residential, commercial, industrial and military markets. For more information about Soiltac, please visit us online at www.soilworks.com.
I encourage your questions and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Respectfully, Chad Falkenberg snipped-for-privacy@soilworks.com