Soft toilet seat.

Page 2 of 2

Hmmm... Closing is not a problem. Neither is attaching them. It's getting them to stay attached that's the problem. But thanks!

Bemis uses nylon nut/bolt anchors, but they work. The nuts are two part. You tighten the lower part with a wrench and when the nuts are properly torqued, the lower nut breaks free from the upper nut. They gar-own-tee the nuts will never work loose. So far, I'm convinced.
nb

And you never have to remove the seat?
On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 23:15:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"

I know plenty of landlords and people that rant. In my bathroom, we wanted Kohler faucets, brushed nickel. They are smooth operating and should last a lifetime. At the plumbing supply they were $253.
We were at Lowe's last week and they had a faucet set for $69. They felt like crap when you turned the handle. Guess which one a landlord would buy?

But I'm not rich and that's the kind I have. I did look up all of the fixtures in this house. Lowes sells them and they were the cheapest.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hi, Smart landlord will buy the good one, El Cheapo, Scrooge land lord will buy that crap.

I thought about that too. What happens the second time you want to tighten them? Is the upper nut hex sided?
BTW, I just had to stand on the toilet seat in the powder room, in order to put the louver back on the bathroom fan.
All 270 pounds of me and I didn't hear any cracking noises. Sometimes I stood in the middle on one leg, which gives a lot of leverage since the bumpers are near the edges, but so far so good.
P.S. I took off the louver to look at the fan motor. That's just the sort of fan motor I need to replace the motor in my table fan that caught fire last summer, but it's one size too big. That size, like a Broan BP27, is used all over the place but I can't find one size smaller.

I always use cheap faucets. As long as they're metal. Simple mechanisms. Never have trouble with them. Only buy 2-handle lever type. Except for the laundry tub, which are knob type. My wife has the say on "style." She's always found one she likes dirt cheap. $69 is high end. YMMV.
micky posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

I will refer her to the sexual harassment lawyer.
--
Tekkie

Julie Bove posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Uh, TMI No need to post pix on this one! Look for the Beemis brand. They manufacture most of the OE seats and are I what I consider the industry standard. IDK if they manufacture a soft one but it wouldn't hurt to ask. (g) A medical supply house may be able to help. The soft ones I've seen for sale seemed to made as "novelty items".
You should have a family sit-down to discuss this.
--
Tekkie

Thanks!
On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:30:05 -0500, Vic Smith

I had a one handle faucet on my kitchen sink I forget the brand but it's famous. They advertise a lot, washerless faucet (but they fail to mention it has other rubber parts that need replacing probably more often than washers do.)
It was dripping. Replacing parts didnt' help. Called them. They sent me a whole new set of replacement parts. Didnt' help.
Looked at other faucets. Didn't like the looks of any except the brand I had, and I didn't want to buy another one of those.
Walking from Home Depot to Walmart. Found a faucet just like mine in the grassy area next to the road, but grass was tall and couldn't be seen from a car. Took it home. It looked good, but had a place for a hose and sprayer, that was missing. Next day, weent back to the grassy area. Got the hose and sprayer. out of the grass. Same brand as I what I had that was dripping. Installed in the sink. 5 years ago. No dripping yet. Works fine.

Ha!
If you are awash in cash, get a Toto washlet. Among its features is a long lasting padded seat that is heated.
Julie Bove wrote:

Not awash in cash. :(
On Fri, 30 May 2014 22:58:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"

I tried soft seats a couple times but my experience was that they were all too soft and just compressed down to a poorly contoured "bottom ring" and for long sits were actually less comfortable then a well contoured plastic seat.
On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 22:07:33 -0700, "Julie Bove"

Ha! is right.
Following the above advice, I've been searching the grass around both Home Depot and Lowe's. So far, no faucets. What am I doing wrong?

The last thing I need is a heated toilet seat. It would be like travel insurance.
If my house is warm enough so will my bottom be warm enough, and if my bottom is too cold, I need it warmed all the time, not just when I'm on the toilet.

I don't know. I thought it surprising that I found just what I needed, and it was both free, and solved the problem, Which should I buy. It was the only thing in that grass btw. I may have saved their lawn mower from damage by picking it up.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

It's been picked clean by the day laborers?
--
Tekkie