Soft toilet seat.

They're relatively new. His is perhaps 3 years old and mine 2 years old, if that. I paid around $250 including the installation.

Exactly I have bath rugs over it.

They seem practical to me because I am forever splashing where I don't want to.

Yes, you do but all you have to do is call the landlord. And if you have a good one, he or she will take care of it.

My house isn't the way I want it and likely won't be. We bought when I was in my 40's and refinanced last year. I'll be 55 soon. Will likely never had it paid off and until recently struggled to keep up with the repairs.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Hmmm... Closing is not a problem. Neither is attaching them. It's getting them to stay attached that's the problem. But thanks!

Reply to
Julie Bove

And you never have to remove the seat?

Reply to
Julie Bove

I know plenty of landlords and people that rant. In my bathroom, we wanted Kohler faucets, brushed nickel. They are smooth operating and should last a lifetime. At the plumbing supply they were $253.

We were at Lowe's last week and they had a faucet set for $69. They felt like crap when you turned the handle. Guess which one a landlord would buy?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I thought about that too. What happens the second time you want to tighten them? Is the upper nut hex sided?

BTW, I just had to stand on the toilet seat in the powder room, in order to put the louver back on the bathroom fan.

All 270 pounds of me and I didn't hear any cracking noises. Sometimes I stood in the middle on one leg, which gives a lot of leverage since the bumpers are near the edges, but so far so good.

P.S. I took off the louver to look at the fan motor. That's just the sort of fan motor I need to replace the motor in my table fan that caught fire last summer, but it's one size too big. That size, like a Broan BP27, is used all over the place but I can't find one size smaller.

Reply to
micky

But I'm not rich and that's the kind I have. I did look up all of the fixtures in this house. Lowes sells them and they were the cheapest.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Hi, Smart landlord will buy the good one, El Cheapo, Scrooge land lord will buy that crap.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I always use cheap faucets. As long as they're metal. Simple mechanisms. Never have trouble with them. Only buy 2-handle lever type. Except for the laundry tub, which are knob type. My wife has the say on "style." She's always found one she likes dirt cheap. $69 is high end. YMMV.

Reply to
Vic Smith

micky posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I will refer her to the sexual harassment lawyer.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Julie Bove posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Uh, TMI No need to post pix on this one! Look for the Beemis brand. They manufacture most of the OE seats and are I what I consider the industry standard. IDK if they manufacture a soft one but it wouldn't hurt to ask. (g) A medical supply house may be able to help. The soft ones I've seen for sale seemed to made as "novelty items".

You should have a family sit-down to discuss this.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I had a one handle faucet on my kitchen sink I forget the brand but it's famous. They advertise a lot, washerless faucet (but they fail to mention it has other rubber parts that need replacing probably more often than washers do.)

It was dripping. Replacing parts didnt' help. Called them. They sent me a whole new set of replacement parts. Didnt' help.

Looked at other faucets. Didn't like the looks of any except the brand I had, and I didn't want to buy another one of those.

Walking from Home Depot to Walmart. Found a faucet just like mine in the grassy area next to the road, but grass was tall and couldn't be seen from a car. Took it home. It looked good, but had a place for a hose and sprayer, that was missing. Next day, weent back to the grassy area. Got the hose and sprayer. out of the grass. Same brand as I what I had that was dripping. Installed in the sink. 5 years ago. No dripping yet. Works fine.

Reply to
micky

I tried soft seats a couple times but my experience was that they were all too soft and just compressed down to a poorly contoured "bottom ring" and for long sits were actually less comfortable then a well contoured plastic seat.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Ha!

Reply to
Julie Bove

Not awash in cash. :(

Reply to
Julie Bove

Ha! is right.

Following the above advice, I've been searching the grass around both Home Depot and Lowe's. So far, no faucets. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The last thing I need is a heated toilet seat. It would be like travel insurance.

If my house is warm enough so will my bottom be warm enough, and if my bottom is too cold, I need it warmed all the time, not just when I'm on the toilet.

Reply to
micky

I don't know. I thought it surprising that I found just what I needed, and it was both free, and solved the problem, Which should I buy. It was the only thing in that grass btw. I may have saved their lawn mower from damage by picking it up.

Reply to
micky

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

It's been picked clean by the day laborers?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Thanks!

Reply to