Shower enclosure

I have a one piece shower enclosure and when I was cleaning it the other day I noticed a hairline crack in it. At first I thought it was just a scratch, but after looking at it closer I noticed it is a small hairline crack. The crack is about two inches long. Since this is up at our cabin and doesn't get a lot of use instead of replacing it I was wondering if there is anything I can use to patch it that wouldn't look to bad.

Thanks,

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

How about some clear caulk? Depending on where it is, you might consider epoxying some kind of stiff, waterproof backer material behind the crack. This might help stiffen up the area and prevent it from cracking any more.

For what it's worth, I've had a hairline crack, about 2 inches long, in the upper corner of a fiberglass shower unit for many years. I use the shower every day and it hasn't been an issue.

Like they say: location, location, location.

JimmyDahGeek@D> I have a one piece shower enclosure and when I was cleaning it the

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Reply to
buffalobill

Its probably polyester resin. Maybe Home Depot or the like would sell patch material. Alternative supplier might be boating supplies. If I could get to back of unit, I'd probably glue a fiberglass patch to it to prevent further enlargement of crack. Frank

Reply to
frank.logullo