Sharpening my Linesman pliers

Looking for any good suggestions for sharpening my linesman pliers. They are kliens and due to my absent memory I've lost enough pairs to put me on the defensive when it comes to purchasing a new pair.
I do find them invaluable in stripping wires, cutting flex, etc... So any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
JW
Justin West wrote:

How can you sharpen them if you've lost them?
Justin West wrote:

Forget it. Short of buying a new pair, if you have the time, try poking around in the tool bin at a pawn shop. Sometimes one can find Klein's for a cheap price that just have some surface rust on them, in otherwise good shape. Just out of curiousity, what are you doing with your Klein's, as it takes even a construction electrician a long time to wear out a set of Klein's?

Typically Kliens are made of a strong enough metal not to dull with copper, but cutting AC seems like it will effect them. So, since AC cutting isn't typical, since the AC/MC cutter is cheap, you might run into just dull from corrosion, I would try using an emery board, to get an edge back.
But that's me, I try the simpliest solution first. Then I would move up to a dremmel.
later,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
Tom The Great wrote:

Kleins are designed and manufactured to be used and abused everyday for years. Using them to cut MC cable is expected, as is cutting steel bolts up to 1/4", and using them as a hammer, among other things. Like I said, it takes a construction electrician a long time of flat out abuse to wear them out, I was just curious as to how the OP wore his out. The best way to remove surface rust is to _use_ 'em. IMHO, a dremmel tool will just make things worse. If the OP is lucky, and if he takes them to the right place, he may be able to get them replaced for free, as they have a lifetime warranty against defects. Don't bet on it though, as some people don't consider wear and tear as a defect.
I have been using them for the past year or 2 cutting a number of screws, bx, smoothing out conduit, etc.. The use to handle the fire alarm cable we use rather nicely (has that annoying to cut nylon pull cord in the sheath); however, have been noticing it's reluctance to cut through simple things such as a 5 conductor 18gauge cable.
Time to fork out another 40$ I suppose. :P I gotta stop being cheap some day.
JW
volts500 wrote:

Sorry, dremmel wasn't for 'sharpening' but for sanding, to remove the corrosion. If you try and sharpen them, the edge could become very thin and break on hard cutting. Meaning the two cutting edges won't meet anymore, and you will have a hard time cutting thin items.
Just knock off the rust, imho.