Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s! (2023 Update)

Ok, I have an old range hood in my home, and the motor has refused to go. When I tried to start it the other day, the switch caught on fire, but that is another story. So, I need to replace the motor (the motor is stuck with grease) and I figure the switch and knob as well. Can anyone turn me on to a source for these parts. I know that one source is Nutone itself. Are there any after market sources in the US?

Reply to
ireallyknowthisstuff

it's quite possible that the motor is frozen with grease and gunk. could be worth while to degrease it, relube it, and try it again. motors were built really rugged in those days.

lee h

Reply to
lee_houston

NuTone, great units, Slide off the bottom plate [if you can its greased shut] , pull the pins and lower the motor and clean and oil the ports that have never been oiled for 50 years, you might get it free enough to run. Contact Nutone for your parts. I have one from the 60s, they need regular maintenance or grease clogs them up.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a like new copper nutone range hood model 3080 in the garage. If you need it it works and looks like it's right out the box

Reply to
rocky

replying to rocky, Ricardo wrote: Is that hood range still available, I need parts 3080

Reply to
Ricardo

I just came across this. I need two knobs for my Nutone 3080. If by a long shot you still have this, let me know! Thanks!

Reply to
Cal