Sears Kenmore boiler float

I'm having some difficulty locating parts for my Sears Kenmore model #229.962352 steam boiler, circa 1973. After replacing my low water cutoff switch, and still having no luck getting the boiler to fire, I discovered the float itself was full of water. Sears' parts site is of little help, identifying the area in question as the "Back Section", and stating that they're sorry, but these parts can't be ordered. I should be able to find them if I knew who made the furnace in the first place, dontchathink? This float is flange mounted directly behind the LWCO switch, has a round metal bellows-like hinge, is about 4 inches long and an inch in diameter. I sorta repaired it temporarily yesterday, locating the 'leak' by pressing around the cylinder with the ball of my thumbs until I found the weak spot and got water to come out. I drilled another hole in the end to let the water out, dried the inside with compressed air, cleaned it all brassy-shiny, then soldered the holes shut. I would much rather install a new float for some peace of mind, so, if anyone's dealt with this furnace before, can you shed some light on parts procurement?
sci.engr.heat-vent-ac, not here.
-- nurse a kitten with your manbreasts every day

It is a boiler, not a furnace. Boilers heat water, furnaces heat air. Using the wrong name at the plumbing supply will cause the counter guys to have disdain for you.

Can't say for sure about yours, but the largest maker of floats for boilers is McDonald - MIller. Try a plumbing supply house or dealer of boilers.
Look at their catalog http://www.mcdonnellmiller.com /