Screw it

Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all about?

Reply to
William Munny

cover screws for a trough that had fire alarm wiring in it? just a guess

nate

Reply to
N8N

Could be for concrete.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Electronics maybe?

Reply to
The Henchman

The concrete screws I've seen were blue. But, who can tell....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Could be red screws rolled out of the truck floor, near the construction site.

Reply to
Oren

I think the poster who said 'alarm system' nailed it. They just refreshed the system at work, and all the enclosures and large conduit runs are fire engine red. Including the screws holding the strapping and mounting brackets.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Any red steel roofs around there? Although they would normally have a rubber washer on them.

Reply to
Tony

Sometimes the screws on a garage door pertaining to spring pressure will be red.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Red screws in general are a sign of danger in millions of products for many years. I know of them being used back around 1953, not sure how much further back the practice goes. If you need to take something apart, remove all but the red screws first and see if it comes apart far enough without springs and things flying across the room.

Reply to
Tony