Sawzall -- Same as Reciprocating Saw ??

d-anyway/#7f2086602aa4

a product or service

is similar to the

lly registered as a trademark, used by a manufacturer or merchant to identi fy its products distinctively from others of the same type and usually prom inently displayed on its goods, in advertising, etc.'

Musta missed something?

Wow, paranoid are we?

Reply to
bob_villa

stupid - he always admits his guilt, so he is unable to plead ignorance.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

"Doctrine of Fair Usage" applies

from wiki: Fair use is a US legal doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. It is similar to the fair dealing doctrines used in some countries outside the United States.

AND FROM THE SAME SOURCE: While the permissible purposes for fair dealing identified in sections

29, 29.1 or 29.2 of the Canadian Copyright Act are exhaustive, fair use may be for any purpose including but not limited to ?criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching..., scholarship, or research?. Parody was added in November 2012.
Reply to
clare

I know that, but if he thinks his slogan will help him, he may likely teeter over the brink, past the fair use exception.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Which is why he should know about "fair use" and never (presumtively) admit guilt - or ever while not in the presense of his lawyer (and then only when his lawyer tells him to)

Reply to
clare

and-anyway/#7f2086602aa4

to a product or service

? is similar to the

gally registered as a trademark, used by a manufacturer or merchant to iden tify its products distinctively from others of the same type and usually pr ominently displayed on its goods, in advertising, etc.'

s? Musta missed something?

Be serious. Do you really think I care? It's nothing more than a fun way to say "I found this at this site."

I haven't even brought up the fact that you somehow thought those quotes were about Milwaukee stealing the name Sawzall. I posted 2 definitions of the word "brand" in response to dpb and you - somehow - read something into that that didn't even fit.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

n to a product or service

? is similar to the

legally registered as a trademark, used by a manufacturer or merchant to id entify its products distinctively from others of the same type and usually prominently displayed on its goods, in advertising, etc.'

ols? Musta missed something?

You are so anal about things, how am I suppose to read what's in that buzzi ng mind of yours? You could also just say know, you were kidding...when you weren't!

Reply to
bob_villa