Mini Reciprocating Saw

So I get an Ingersoll-Rand IR429 mini air reciprocating saw for a gift.

Does anyone have one of these and run it on a Porter-Cable pancake compressor? I'm concerned about the air requirements.

Once I try it, I don't think the place will take it back. Not a Borg item.

Reply to
Al Bundy

A quick google search says it needs 8 cfm. Your pancake compressor might be good for about 1/2 of that.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Which means you can run it for a time, then you have to wait until the reserve builds up again. Expect no more than 50% run time with the compressor running 100% of the time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Big_Jake wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Thanks. That's what I was seeing and why I asked. There is also 90 PSIG/Max spec on the tool itself.

Reply to
Al Bundy

innews: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

You could get an extra tank to get a little more run time out of it, but saws like that are typically used in auto body work, where the supply of air is virtually limitless.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Big_Jake wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

I looked up CFM vs. SCFM vs. ACFM, etc. The conversion can be quite elaborate. Not just some multiplier thing. I just called Ingersoll-Rand today. They said NoF'nWay. It needs like an 80 gal tank.

Thanks for the replies all.

Reply to
Al Bundy