looking for a hardy lightweight reciprocating battery operated saw

Am looking for a hardy lightweight reciprocating battery operated saw.I presently use a 18 volt Porter Cable drill, which has proved reliable ( except reverse control)in my workshop.

I now need to prune dead fronds from my palm trees. One of the main problems, is the height. The saw has to be used cutting dead fronds from tall palm trees. One hand holds me on the ladder the other operates the saw.

Does anyone have suggestions for a reliable, lightweight, reasonably powerful single hand operated, battery powered reciprocating saw, at a reasonable price Thanks

Reply to
dick

You can always get a Manual Pole Tree Pruner (

) and do it all safely from the ground. However, as far as I know the Hitachi tools are still the best and even offer the best battery life and run-times.

Reply to
Anonymous