OT: Thought for the day

Grey's Law "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

Too late. I've already had a thought today. Can I use this one tomorrow?
"Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4."
On 9/4/2011 3:53 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Arrgh- accidentally did a direct reply- first time that has happened in several days.
I <LIKE> that law. Nice adaptation of Asimov's (?) law about any sufficently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic.
--
aem sends...

No biggie. I replied both places. too.

AND the missive about never attributing to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Works on SO many levels.

Except it was Arthur C Clarke

Hey, I'm getting old. And I <did> put a question mark after the attribution.
--
aem sends....

He wrote science-fiction...that means he was stateless
In wrote:

AND YOUR HOME REPAIR QUESTIOIN IS? NOTE THE NAME OF THISE NG IS NOT "ot" LAZY ASS!

It's not the most appropriate group, but if you asked politely, I bet someone could show you how to fix that cap lock key on your keyboard

Just like women are actors not actresses, SF writers belong to the genre, not the country
In typed:

How about.....
Heinlein's Razor:
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't completely rule out malice.