Thought for the day...

Spotted on teh Daily telegraphs live cricket commentary blog

"Psychologically, Sri Lanka are falling apart like an Ikea bookcase at the moment"

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does the trainer have a metaphorical Allen key in the kit bag?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Left handed or right handed? ITWSBT

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I've not found their bookcases to be any better or worse than others. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Musta used the wrong allen key.

Tim Downie

as amusing as the original quote, which revealed a lot about the commentator, has been the reaction of people here, which reveals a lot about them.

ergo:

- a deep prejudice against the DT

- a deep fanboi lauding of Ikea. And finally a rational comment from you.

As in 'no better nor worse than any other load of barely serviceable shit one buys from a shed..' :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Make that damn near all journalists who make smart ass comments like this.

As it happens my computer desk rather put me off Ikea. Which I dislike as a store anyway. Some bits were missing when I got it home, and I had to queue up for ages with the 'returns' to get them. And returns seems to be the local pastime at the Croydon branch. I suppose that's why it wasn't burnt to the ground in the riots.

But all that doesn't change the facts about the unit itself being well made and excellent value. A plus being it is an excellent fit to an alcove.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Soem Ikea stuff is papercrete crap.

But the desk I am sitting at now is actually rather good - best desk ever in fact. It's really a "bench" style dining table 120x74cm solid wood (as in glues pine slats) and takes my fairly lardy frame sitting on it with no sweat. Cost about £90.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I got the steel frame desks I am sitting at for 15 each ex some ones bloody office IIRC.

So long ago I cant remember.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's similar in construction and price to this computer desk. If it had been compressed paper I'd not have bought it and gone elsewhere for a decent one.

If people don't like chipboard or whatever, they're not forced to buy it - plenty of other such retailers around.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)