Google Advanced Group searches

It doesn't appear to work anymore, I used to do an advanced search in "uk.d-i-y" for say "Viessman boilers". and you would get all the threads back to god knows when. Unfortunately will not do it now, amI doing something wrong? or has google changed something? Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

What doesn't appear to work anymore?

Have you switched off ActiveX or JavaScript?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Hmm. Works for me. 223 results from Advanced Search specifying uk.d-i- y. 218 if I look up "Viessman boilers" (sans quotes) for Search this group when in uk.d-i-y.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Searching for the exact phrase "veissman boilers" does (apparently correctly) return zero results, but just seaching for veissman within uk.d-i-y seems to give what you're after ...

Andy Burns

Seems to work here ok, doing either a advanced search and filling in the boxes, or just a simple search with the string:

viessman boilers group:uk.d-i-y

(obviously using groups.google.com and not

John Rumm

does that give you?

Reply to
Mogga

What does that give you? That seems to work OK

Reply to
Donwill

Don't know, how do I check that? Don

Reply to
Donwill

ActiveX is not relevant, OS/2 doesn't have ActiveX...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

OS/2? Didn't know that anyone still ran that....

Reply to
Andy Hall

eComStation is essentially an OEM version of OS/2

Reply to
Andy Burns

Dave does...and so do I.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm not using eComstation... Warp 3 with a few bits "borrowed" to get the machine onto the LAN.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:11:03 +0000, Donwill wrote (in article ):

I think you may not be searching in Google "Groups".

When you enter Google, at the top of the first page that is opened is a list of the Google sections starting 'Web', 'Images', 'Maps'... etc.

'Groups' is not in this list, so you have to click on the last item 'more' at the end of the list which will give you a pull down menu with 'Groups' as (I think) the fifth item. Click on this and then go to 'Advanced Search' and you will get the correct page to search the newsgroups for "Viessman boilers" or whatever.

Reply to
Mike Lane

I spotted this a few days ago. The change must have been made in the last week or so.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bob, are you the Bob Eager that knows my son? (Without giving any details away... )

OS/2 BTW I think is still in many cashpoints.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes...hadn't connected your name though!

Reply to
Bob Eager