OT -- slow post office

Page 4 of 4

There's a reason "The check's in the mail" is the punch line to so many jokes!

They might have said it went out on the 15th, but did they say how it went? Why blame the PO?
On 11/21/2013 5:52 PM, George wrote:

I asked a question, I didn't blame the PO.
Why do you blame the company?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Uhhh, look at the subject line, which you started. I know you probably don't remember, since you're worrying about Obama coming to get your bible, and your leaking batteries.
On 11/21/2013 6:56 PM, George wrote:

George, why are you blaming the company?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Where did I blame the company?
On 11/21/2013 7:05 PM, George wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young

He's not capable of comprehending. I suppose that's why he's known on Usenet as a joke.
<stuff snipped>

Don't confuse him with obvious facts, his life is tough enough with all the worries he has. (-:
--
Bobby G.

On 11/21/2013 6:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You're in the New York area and it may be that there is a lot more processing of mail in that area of the country due to dangerous chemicals and contagious biological agents that have been sent through the mail. I seem to recall Anthrax being sent through the mail in the Northeast. o_O
TDD

Wonder if that's why I feel like wearing a wool sweatter, and bleating all the time? Baaaa... baaaa.....
--
.
Christopher A. Young

"I ordered anthrax and you sent me tweezers!" :-)
On 11/21/2013 7:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well..........."it went out on the 15th" could mean that the check was issued the 15th. Might not have left the originator until the next work day, which was probably the 18th. Lot of smaller PO's near me have closed and/or cut back hours. I went down to the PO couple of months ago because we keep getting mail for the former owner of our home who moved a year ago and has forwarded his mail. Explanation was that there is no one permanent carrier on our route....between cutbacks and s----- morale, it might be on a burn pile somewere :o)
In the past, I have known mail here and in the city I formerly resided to arrive on the same day that it was mailed.
On Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:45:48 AM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had to go to Europe on some business recently. Just before I left I got m y electric bill in the mail, so I wrote a check but didn’t have time to m ail it when the shuttle came to pick me up. I figured I’d mail it from th e airport. Surely I figured there must be a mail box there. I get to the a irport and ask a security officer for the location of a mail box. He gave m e a look like you would a naïve child. We don’t have mail boxes here at the airport he said. Why not I asked. We’re concerned that people may th row a bomb in it he replied. What were you planning on mailing he continued . My electric bill I replied, feeling stupid. Can I give this to someone to mail it for me I asked. He gave me a look as if I had asked him if there w as a flight to the moon. One of our employees did that a few months ago an d he got fired he said. The letter that he mailed never reached it’s dest ination and the person he mailed it for sued the airport he said. After giv ing up all hope of mailing my electric bill from the airport I figured I’ d mail it from Europe. After getting to my destination I go to a post offic e and mailed it the old fashion way, Par Avion. After returning home today I got my electric bill again. Three weeks and they still haven’t received it.
On 11-22-2013, 13:17, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

All the postcards I mailed to USA from Europe arrived after I did.
--
Wes Groleau

“A man with an experience is never