OT Online vendors want my phone number. DO NOT CALL?

Page 2 of 2
Per Robert Macy:

The SIT tone has been on my land line's answering machine for almost a year now.
I don't have a "Control" phone next to my land line, so I cannot say if it helps any - but the number of robo calls is still pretty bad even after a year.
I didn't really expect much... but hoped that the robocallers used by political organizations during the past election season just *might* have it programmed in to remove the number from their dialing list if they hear a SIT tone bco cost considerations. But my guess is that mostly they don't.
--
Pete Cresswell