OT: Amazon Delivery Dates - Happily Early!

There was a thread a while back about the estimated delivery dates when people order things from Amazon (and some other vendors).
I ordered something late evening on Friday, Aug 26. I chose standard delivery, with an estimated delivery range of Sep 1 - Sep 7.
Mid-day on Sunday, Aug 28 I received an email that my package had shipped, again showing the estimated delivery range of Sep 1 - Sep 7.
The package arrived on the morning of Monday, Aug 29 in a USPS flat-rate envelope.
I'm impressed! ~60 hours from keyboard to doorstep, with a Sunday in the middle. I wonder what would have happened if I had paid for expedited delivery.
Click - Order Confirmed - Ding-Dong!
;-)
Per DerbyDad03:

I am usually impressed too....
But lately I have had a few orders where they drop-shipped from mainland China and delivery was a matter of weeks or even months instead of days.... Watch out for those guys...
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2016-09-01 1:50 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Yep, except for coming from China, most stuff I or my wife orders is here in two or three days. We have no hesitation to order on line, except for food, sure a pizza or regular take out is fine. But there is a place here that will deliver meat, fruit and veggies....sorry, rather see that myself before it enters my kitchen.
--
Froz....

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:32:41 -0400, FrozenNorth

I'm not impressed at all by Amazon shipping. That's why I don't order from Amazon if I want it quick. They've slowed down a lot. This year I've had much faster shipping from Home Depot and Newegg. Amazon has been shipping to me using AMZL, a hokey delivery service. You can't even track the package.
On 09/01/2016 01:50 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

As an Amazon customer I'm sure you know this but for others:
- If the product is "fulfilled by" Amazon, they list the expected ship date before you place the order.
- If the product is "fulfilled by" some amateur selling out of his/her basement, who knows when you'll get it.
I prefer items that are "fulfilled by" Amazon.
Per Jack Hammer:

No, I did not.... failure to read, I guess.
Thanks for upgrading my awareness.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 9/1/2016 1:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Happens quite often with me. They have a warehouse about 20 miles away and neighbor that works there once said they had 7 million items there.
Per Oren:

Got to wonder when/if they will actually implement delivery via drones.
I can imagine suburban people having "Drone Drop Zones" in their yards.
--
Pete Cresswell

You can save a lot of money ordering candy from amazon and shipping is only a couple of dollars. I got a box UPS overnight from Pennsylvania 18 hours after I ordered, insulated with cold packs.
On 9/1/2016 1:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

They do an amazing job as do the carriers they use too. The USPS used to have a poor reputation, but they have been doing well, even Sunday delivery.
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 7:15:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have been using the USPS quite often mainly in the last 7 years, ever since my daughters started college and the boys moved out of state. They only screwed up once, and it was the direct result of a single, substitute carrier who (allegedly) purposely delivered mail and packages to incorrect addresses in an attempt to shorten his route due to inclement weather.
I guess this guy didn't subscribe to that thing about "neither snow nor rain nor heat".
I do remember the day. It rained in biblical proportions. I was waiting for a tranny cooler that I was going to install that day in preparation for the first tow with a vehicle I had just bought. I got the text from the USPS that it had been delivered, but I hadn't seen it yet. That was on Saturday and they weren't able to determine until Monday that they suspected that it had been delivered to the wrong address based on all the other calls that they had received about screwed up deliveries on Saturday. Unfortunately, they had no way of knowing where it had been delivered, so I had to order another one.
They eventually found the original one, delivered it to me and I returned it for credit, minus the shipping cost.
Other than that single instance, the USPS has done a phenomenal (and usually really fast) job for me over the years. I've had stuff take one day to get from my house to my daughter's college, about 400 miles away.