OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??

Page 1 of 2
From CNS news: http://tinyurl.com/a2kyfo3
Supposedly the cheapest health insurance plan under Obamacare for a family of four will be twenty thousand per year. Letssee. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks in a year. Mr. Bing says that is $41,600 per year. Almost half of one wage earner's gross income would go for insurance. Do the Internal Revenue Services' assumptions make any sense? Thing ain't lookin' good for the home team if so.
Dean, Hoffman, > wrote:

Yea - drudge was running that story recently.
Again, all I've got to say is that if I believed in a god, I'd be thanking him that I'm a Canadian, living in Canada...
And if I were a Brit, living in the UK (you reading this Harry?) - I'd be pissed as hell that the NHS is demanding my records from my GP (family doctor).
You people have no idea how good life is in Canada these last 13 years...
Min wage is about 7.50 or so, right?
From CNS news: http://tinyurl.com/a2kyfo3
Supposedly the cheapest health insurance plan under Obamacare for a family of four will be twenty thousand per year. Letssee. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks in a year. Mr. Bing says that is $41,600 per year. Almost half of one wage earner's gross income would go for insurance. Do the Internal Revenue Services' assumptions make any sense? Thing ain't lookin' good for the home team if so.
And the last time I checked, health insurance in Australia cost a *maximum* of 2.5% of *taxable* income (added onto tax payable).
Perce
On 02/02/13 08:53 pm, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is that out of pocket or total cost? In America we don't do as good of a job of hiding the cost of health care in payroll taxes, etc.
On 02/03/13 06:20 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I don't know what the total cost is. The 2.5% (max.) is what Joe Taxpayer pays directly. Note that it's on taxable income, so those with no income (kids, unemployed, students, etc.) are still covered.
I have no current information on co-pays.
Perce
On 02/03/13 06:20 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The latest figure I found for Australia is 9.4% of GDP.
Perce
Dean Hoffman" <""dh0496\"@win*&dstr$%eam.net wrote:

Not to worry, remember that the Feds pick up a portion of the cost.
Your citation was for 2016; one I saw was for 2013 for a family of four with an income of $60,000. I don't recall the exact figures bit the projected insurance cost was $12K +; of that, the government would pay about 60%. Naturally, those earning less would receive a larger portion paid for them.
It won't be long before that McBurger takes a whole $20 bill.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Not to worry, remember that the Feds pick up a portion of the cost.
Your citation was for 2016; one I saw was for 2013 for a family of four with an income of $60,000. I don't recall the exact figures bit the projected insurance cost was $12K +; of that, the government would pay about 60%. Naturally, those earning less would receive a larger portion paid for them.
It won't be long before that McBurger takes a whole $20 bill.
dadiOH
On 2/3/2013 9:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

the govermint shood pay it all for me an my 14 kids. make it free like my obamaphon.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Apparently, I need a sarcasm emoticon.
--

dadiOH

No <sarcasm emoticon>, you didn't need any useless <sarcasm emoticon> emoticon.
http://mashable.com/2010/01/15/sarcmark / Get your own sacrasm emoticon, here! It will improve your poorly worded crap by 300%.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarcastic%20smiley
1. ssf Sarcastic smiley face. Ever hate it when you're texting someone and you try to be sarcastic, but they just don't get it? That's what ssf is for. Dude, I love you... ssf
2. emoticon An emoticon, sometimes called a smiley, is a sequence of printable characters such as :) or ^_^, that is intended to represent a human facial expression and convey an emotion. Use in internet forums and instant-messaging. emoticons:
:) smile :( frown ;) wink :P or : tongue sticking out: joke, sarcasm or disgusting 8) has sunglasses: looking cool :O surprised :S confused :'( shedding a tear XD laughing, eyes shut (LOL) XP Tongue out, eyes shut ^_^ smiley ^.^ see above, but rather than a wide, closed mouth, a small mouth is present ^_~ wink

=_= bored -_- annoyed -_-' or ^_^' or ^_^;; nervousness, sweatdrop or embarrassed. _ or <_< "yeah, right...", looking around suspiciously ;_; crying o_O Confused O_O Shocked O_< Flinch, wink, twiching ._. intimidated, sad, ashamed $_$ Money Eyes; Thinking about Money x_x Dead or Knocked Out 9_9 Eye Rolling *_* Star-Struck t(-_-t) or ,|,,(-_-),,|, Flipping off =^_^= blushing, or a cat face u.u duh, sarcastic "what do you think?" face \m/>_<\m/ Rockin' out
ect.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Apparently, I need a sarcasm emoticon.
--

dadiOH

On 2/3/13 8:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

From all you rich Mormons, of course. Aren't Mormons the original survivalists?
It's a yolk, son, it's a yolk.

You want my nest egg? I don't want to egg you on. But, if you thing you're right, I can tell you eggxactly how it is. What is the eggsistential one hand clapping? If this is getting bad, (points) there is the eggxit.
I think my egg was poached. I'm so angry as to be boiled. I'm not a good sport, I get it over hard. They mixed up my medications, and I'm badly, if lightly, scarmbled.
On 2/3/13 8:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

From all you rich Mormons, of course. Aren't Mormons the original survivalists?
It's a yolk, son, it's a yolk.

So the Obama administration acknowledges that there will be a two-thirds increase (15* per year) in medical costs in three years. It a damned good thing this albatross is going to save money!

No, Mc will be out of business. But that's a good thing, right?
On 2/3/2013 7:38 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I thought that people who refused to participate and refuse to pay any fines would be imprisoned or killed. Lets see, resisters are eliminated and the government takes all their stuff sells it and makes out like a bandit. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

You'd be surprised at how much simpler your life becomes when you incorporate as a Subchapter S. No more 1099s, for example.
You pay yourself a piddly salary and bury most of our out-of-pocket expenses as corporate expenses (gasoline for the 'company car,' medical costs, repairs, all of it).
Heck, a corporation can buy a Class II weapon (machine gun, mortar, etc.) without fingerprints, photo, permission of the local chief of police, and so on). Hint: As a reason for buying the weapon, enter "INVESTMENT" in the field.
On 2/3/2013 12:15 PM, HeyBub wrote:

I'm an S corp. Did it to protect my own assets from law suits. Tax deductions not that big, maybe 15% of income. Have not tried to deduct the cost of a corporate gun. Something to think about ;)
On 2/3/2013 11:15 AM, HeyBub wrote:

I was incorporated and did all the corporate stuff before I became very ill. I work as hard as I can when I can but have to hire much younger and able bodied guys when there is a lot of climbing or crawling around to be done. I'll get back into the swing of things as I recover my health. ^_^
TDD
Soon, I hope. I sense that you're one of the few men left in the world who does useful work, and good quality also.