My Seat Belt is too small

I regularly take my horse for a ride on my truck. She sits in the passenger seat. I know it's required that anyone in the passenger seat wear a seat belt. But it's too small for her. Do they sell seat belt extensions anywhere? I shure dont want to get a ticket.
Joe
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 14:29:04 -0600, rednekk69 wrote:

Horses are not permitted to ride inside a passenger vehicle.
Revised Vehicle Code 1154.80(c)
"No farm animals greater than a weight of 100LBS shall be permitted to occupy the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle including but not limited to cars,trucks and vans."

Where did you get this law? What state?
Have you ever seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU

Patches the pony rides in a car, goes to McDonalds, answers the phone, etc. Very funny and great for the kids.
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:37:54 -0600, JoseGomez wrote:

Celebrity ponies are exempt from the law.
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 14:36:03 -0700, Oren wrote:

No, only celebrity sheep are required by state law to wear them.

Are you sure it's a horse, and not a donkey? I believe your ass is too big.
On Apr 2, 1:29pm, snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

Yes... seat belt extenders are readily available but you might need more than one. Depends on your truck model.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=seat+belt+extender
cheers Bob

April 1st was yesterday.
On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 01:36:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No it's not, its TODAY !!!! You have your system clock set wrong.
snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

Screw seatbelts, they are a crock.
--
All is as it is.

snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

Buy an old truck that was made before seatbeats were required. Pre 1964 if I remember right. Don't you have one out front between the old fridge and the boat trailer with one wheel?
On 4/2/2011 3:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

Buy and older car that was built without seat belts.
snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

It is impolite to call your spouse a horse. Tssssk.....

Maybe not. Since some states are requiring companies to provide health coverage to various partners regardless of sexual preference, it should be no time 'til my HMO puts on a large-animal veterinarian. *THE* Bill Price of MW
On 4/2/2011 3:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@dafarm.com wrote:

Since only one person actually answered your question correctly, I'll offer up another solution. If you go to your local dealer for your make of truck, you can obtain a seat belt extension for free. Just go to the parts dept and tell them you'd like a seat belt extension. They come in various lengths depending on the make of the vehicle. But they are free as required by some federal law. I've got one from GMC and one from Ford, because when the wife bends over to get stuff out of her yarn bag, the belt would become fully extended, then consequently lock her in place. (they're supposed to work that way on the passengers side for car seats) The extra length keeps it from extending out all the way.
--
Steve Barker