Where to buy seat for ride-on lawnmower

I've got an old lawnmower similar to this one...

'd look a lot better with a new seat since the old one is ripped and showing the foam. Any ideas where I can purchase - I'm assuming there may be somewhere cheaper than westwood themselves?

-- John

Reply to
Rich

on 09/05/2005, Rich supposed :

Assuming the base is sound, have you thought about having it repaired?

Motorcycle seats are often remodelled, refoamed and recovered.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've gone off them

Also sparex and central spares in dorset

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Looks promising - Thanks

-- John

Reply to
Rich

Up to last year we ran Westwoods for over 15 years. The easy repair to the seat is a roll of black sticky plastic tape farmers use for silage bales I believe (Available from any good agricultural supplier)

Not the prettiest, but lasts for years

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Do you just wrap it around the entire seat? That would be pretty ugly. Or is it like gaffer tape (elephant tape) and you just tape up as necessary?

-- John

Reply to
JohnT

In message , JohnT writes

There is a range of seats advertised in the Northern Tool catalogue. You may find them on their web site

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Juts repair where necessary.