maximum opening in a stud wall

i have a 19' X 11' wall in which i want to install a recessed showcase in the size of 10' X 2.5'. The showcase will be 10" deep, i.e. 4" recessed + 6" outside. This is an interior wall between two commercial spaces and which has 1-3/4"X4" studs every 16".
Is the opening for the recessed showcase within the safe limits of how much the reframing of the wall can bear?
thanks
allpurpose wrote:

Without knowing if it is a load bearing wall no one will be able to help you. You also may have problems because it is an opening between two commercial spaces. Those things are generally covered under different and far more restrictive codes than residential.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
above the wall and along the entire length, there is an I beam which makes me believe that the wall itself is not load bearing.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

allpurpose wrote:

I fear a lot of people have made errors when they don't know for sure. It is especially difficult here since it is a commercial environment and construction standards can be different than most people are accustomed to. Considering the consequences of making a mistake, it would be a good idea to make sure.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit