Legato Carpet - Anyone use this?

I was thinking of using this in our basement. It seems a bit expensive, but I like the fix-it factor if anything happens to it. My questions are these:

1) does this work well on concrete slab flooring? The website says yes, but would like a real world experience

2) It it easy install?

3) How does it look when installed, and how durable is it or has it been?

Please reply with any experiences to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com If you use the "reply" button, the spam filter will get it.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

Legato is produced by a competitor of my employer. I am not intimately familiar with their product line, but I can tell you something about the category of products generally known as carpet tile...

It works well over a concrete slab. (Unless there is a moisture problem.)

It is relatively easy to install, IF you follow the installation layout guidelines. Don't just take a box of the stuff into your basement and start throwing it down. It is critical that you get your grid of tile centered and aligned with the walls in your room. Beyond that, expect to have to trim each tile alongside the wall. The tiles are approximately 24" square, and, unfortunately, rooms don't come perfectly sized in a square 2' x 2' grid.

It is durable, but in general you will be able to tell that your floor is made of carpet tiles.

The fix-it factor is overrated. If you have the product down on the floor for a year and spill paint on a couple of tiles, any replacement tiles you have stored won't have aged/dirtied at the same rate as your installed floor. You will be able to tell that you've installed a couple of new tiles...

I consider these products perfect for finished basements and children's bedrooms... They are not beautiful, but they are tough. The ability to replace an individual tile (even if the new one doesn't quite match) is an advantage compared to having to replace a whole room full of carpet.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright