FLOR vs. Legato Carpet Tiles

Hey guys,

We just installed about 250 sq. ft. of DRI-core plywood subfloor in our basement (great product for basements btw, nothing beats a floating floor).... the end game of course is to put down some carpet.

The wife decided the carpet tiles would be easier to install, clean/fix/replace if needed and would just plain look more 'modern' than your typical wall to wall.

To me, the choices have come down to FLOR or Legato's carpet tiles from Home Depot.

Here are the pros and cons I've come up with, I'd love to hear about other people's experiences and recommendations.

FLOR:

-- Pros: - Many designs, textures and colours - allows infinite choice not just in colour but texture as well - usable on stairs as a runner

-- Cons: - shipping charges are steep (Lowes only carries the ugliest colours/styles) - no underpadding - expensive even without shipping

Legato:

-- Pros: - includes underpadding - doesn't use adhesives - less expensive than FLOR - available locally at Home Depot

-- Cons: - No 'checkboard' patterns possible - Can only get a wall to wall carpet look - Not as much colour/style selection

I've also seen that the makers of Legato have a different brand of carpet tiles, the name escapes me now, but perhaps someone has experience with them?

Thanks for the help,

Gino F.

I have no experience with FLOR, but I have installed Legato and was pleased with the results. You just have to read all the instructions and take your time. It can be installed right on concrete. No visible seams. Use cardstock to make templates of tricky areas.

Reply to
yellowbirddog