Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

Page 5 of 10

My guess is that is in fact what will happen. Events will pretty much play themselves out unfettered. There's not much we can do about it.

What will happen? regulations on gasoline powered cars become more and more until they are more crappy than electrics? I don't see CAFE being rolled back any time soon.
government will tax and make illegal what it doesn't like and subsidize what it does like. Do that through enough rounds and electrics will be the 'better' or only choice.

You're the one that said that we can't sit around. My point is that we can and we will.

m> wrote:

This is true. ✌

The numerous laws, regulations, and huge sums of money spent on enforcement to control personal choices is more than enough proof of it.
On 12/10/2011 1:49 PM, Brent wrote:

That wasn't a question. It was a declarative sentence. If you see a question mark, it's because I've been sticking emoji characters after my posts which comes out funny on some readers. Sorry about that.

I believe the auto manufacturers would toss the oil companies aside the first chance they got. It would just make life so much more simple for them and considerably more profitable.
Those looking for a conspiracy should probably concentrate on zero point energy rather than the automakers.

Yeah, that's why those computer thingies never caught on. <what a maroon!>

Haha, one of those personal attack babies. 💩

No, simple observation. You've demonstrated that you're an idiot.

What are you? 12 years old? You talk like that to people you don't know? Your mom never taught you any manners? 😱

Old enough to recognize a total moron when I see one. In your case, it took one post for you to shine.

???how is going to the gas station a big drag "these days" as opposed to doing the same thing years ago? I see no difference today from 50 years ago except that now I have to pump my own gas.
Harry K
Now days, I can stick in my credit card, and not even have to go in. Which is nice, considering some stores have one door going in, and one to go out. To get in and out, you have to walk through the entire store.
And Gomer Pyle doesn't come out and tell me Goober says hey.

On 12/5/2011 5:44 AM, Harry K wrote:

I'm getting older.
Bummer. I'm getting younger. And, tomorrow I'll be needing a baba and a nappy. Today I need a sippy cup, burp, and nap.

Actually, I could go for a baba and nappy right now. You ain't got nothing over me!

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 07:44:21 -0800 (PST), Harry K

Being 50 years older is one big reason. When I was 16 I could do a lot of things easer than I can at 66. I could even do some of them two or three times a day. :)
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You mean two or three times a NIGHT, don't you? On the other hand, it now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I know what you mean. What my wife and I used to do for hours now takes us four hours.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)