Hot water Faucet still drips everything replaced twice

Page 2 of 2
tony_g wrote: ...w/ tale of woe re: subject...
I've not followed this thread, but a comment about grit/sand/etc., wearing seat caught my eye---methinks it's quite likely the seat is worn from erosion from the previous leaking (a very small drip still comes through the minute area between the seat and washer w/ pretty high velocity/pressure) and the problem is a new washer can fill the imperfection for a short time but soon fails.
If possible to reach, you could possibly clean up the seat face s/ a seat-facing tool if that's the case.
I have seen this with thermal expansion. It could be caused by your neighbor belive it or not. Are you on city water? What is the water pressure? What kind of hot water you got? Where is tank in relation to this valve? Is the water extremely hot at the sink?
You claim to be replaceing the seats as well as the washers, in fact it looks like you have replaced evarything at least once. The problem is the hot washer wears out.
Are you sure the washer is wearing out? Is it tearing or getting marred?
At this point I'd start trying some different washers. You are not putting grease on them right???

In answer to your questions: I'm on city water. The hot water is created through a tankless coil arrrangement on an oil-fired furnace which also provides a closed loop for baseboard heat. The furnace is in the basement and the problem faucet is on the second floor through a total run of about 25 ft of copper pipe. Water out of the faucet is not scalding hot. I don't know the actual pressure, but with everyone in the neighborhood watering their lawn, I have never had a problem getting adequate supply of water in the shower so I assume that the pressure is pretty high.
The washers never appear nicked or torn, just a fairly uniform ring where it is being compressed by the seat. I noticed that after only a few months of use, a brand new seat has almost a sandpaper like tarnish/coating to it. The washers I use are red and very hard when new, I have tried the softer black washers but they don't seem to last as long. No grease is being used on the seats and the threads are being wrapped with a few layers of tefflon tape.
Any thoughts on "no-rotate" or swiveling washers. I'm thinking that maybe the sandpaper texture to the seat is creating abrasion against the washer and wearing it out. Anyone ever tried these no-rotate washers? Any installation tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tony G.
you need to check your water pressure. You share town water, your neighbor can affect you. I am sure the pressure is very high, thats typical.
BTW I only use the black washers the colored ones are shit.