Hot water shut off valve replaced, but still doesn't work

We are replacing our faucet in the kitchen sink. The hot water compression shut off valve needed to be replaced since it wasn't working. We replaced both shut off valves. Unfortunately, the hot water turn off from under the sink still runs when we turned on the main water. In fact, water still gushes from it. The cold water valve works perfect. Why is this happening? I cannot find anything about what to do when this happens online.

Reply to
Suzan

replying to Suzan, Iggy wrote: I'd have to say there's something in the line. It's very common for the old Bibb-Screw (the screw that holds the washer onto the compression valve's stem) heads to rot off and remain in the line(s). I've found them in shower valves, kitchen faucets, shut-off valves and even aerators and showerheads.

Remove the new valves and inspect them for any debris, then flush both lines with the water turned on full. Hopefully, your compression valves go on the pipes by compression fittings so there won't be any bottleneck. Shove a or a piece of garden hose down onto the pipe and hose clamp it tightly, then you can shoot the water into the sink, bucket, bathtub, shower or outdoors to record any debris.

Reply to
Iggy