Solar Panels Generate 300 Times More Toxic Waste Than Nuclear Reactors

The net impact of solar panels actually temporarily increased carbon > dioxide

> (CO2) emissions, due to how much energy is used in their > construction, a study published in December 2016 concluded. The solar > industry has been "a > temporary net emitter of greenhouse gas emissions," and more modern > solar panels have a smaller adverse environmental impact than older > models. Scientists estimated that by 2018 at the latest, the solar > industry as a whole could have a net positive environmental impact.

of course the amount of energy used/C02 created in the construction of a nuclear facility, the mining and processing the uranium, the processing and storage of nuclear waste, the energy used in guarding the nuclear fuel and waste, and best of all the energy used in deconstructing the plant when it is decommissioned, the storage of that nuclear waste...and the cost of taking care of the miners and workers affected by extreme irradiation is obviously of no concern

Reply to
ZZyXX

You, Trader and a few others are proof that not all Usenetizens are idiots.

On to your list, allow me to add the disastrous consequences of the inevitable nuclear plant accident. Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, Fukushima, numerous classified accidents at DOE facilities and many less severe accidents around the globe.

See:

Stormin' Norman

Of course not. Pesky details. Nobody wants those pesky details when they have a mission!

Reply to
Diesel