Solar Panels

A neighbour has had solar panels installed covering the whole of one side of the roof. I wonder what about the extra weight of the panels of the roof. Also as you can see for about 30 miles at roof level how are they secured to the roof. What about getting to the tiles ? I am thinking about it for myself.
Robbie
Roberts wrote:

Um, haven't you missed the boat? The reduced feed in tariff will make any return on investment a much longer affair (depending on where you live).
Tim

Last I heard the cut in tarrif had been thrown out in a judicial review but the guvvinment was appealing.
[Not even bunny]
David WE Roberts wrote:

Can't say I find them that appealing. ;-)
Tim
David WE Roberts wrote:

No: IIRC the *green* lobby have been given leave to appeal.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/30/solar_court /
"Campaigning organisations and the solar industry have won their legal challenge to the Government's decision to reduce subsidies to businesses and homes which use solar panels to generate their own energy.
Environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth, which had sought judicial review of the Government's timescale for proposed feed-in tariff (FiTs) cuts of as much as 50% with solar companies Solarcentury and HomeSun, confirmed the news on its Twitter feed.
Climate Change Minister Greg Barker said that the Government would be seeking an appeal "as soon as possible".
"Regardless of today's outcome, the current high tariffs for solar PV are not sustainable and changes need to be made in order to protect the budget which is funded by consumers through their energy bills," he said.
The organisations successfully argued that the 12 December 2011 cut-off point for projects to which the new rates will apply was unlawful. The Government's consultation on the tariff cuts ended on 23 December 2011.
The "botched and illegal" plans had put thousands of jobs in the industry at risk, the environmental campaigner said in a statement."
[Not even bunny]