Home Depot: What Do You Do For Lawnmower Service If Bought There ?

Hello:
Thinking about possibly buying a new Toro lawn mower at Home Depot (metro Boston area), and was wondering:
If you buy one there, what does one do for service, if and when it might be required ?
Do they do it (prompt and reliable ?), or do you have to find a local Toro dealer where you probably should have bought it in the first place ?
Thanks, Bob

mower last year and the price was the same as the box store. And, they can repair it if need be. I bought mine at Norfolk Power Equipment. http://www.norfolkpower.com/
HD doesnt have service techs just sales people. Even if price is a bit more a dealer will be sure it is set up right and know the product and have parts. HD won`t service it your local dealer will. Locals usualy will meet HDs price if you ask.Toro has Techumpsee? motors. Honda is better.
I believe that for a local place to be an "Authorized Repair Center" for a brand (Toro, Stihl,etc) they must repair the brand regardless of where it was purchased.
That said, I would say that if you are buying something that is worth repairing (as opposed to throwing away and replacing) you are ALWAYS better off buying it from the local dealer. In my experience they are very competitive in price and the extra service I have received with the product outweighed any minimal price difference that I have paid.
Besides, the local guy is much more likely to turn around your repair quickly than he will the product bought at a box store.
Jack

Amen to this suggestion; I always try to buy from a local store for the goodwill and the good service. Prices usually are the same, and often they carry better quality products that the box stores don't (examples including higher-end Weber grills). I bought a Weber grill from a local store for either the same or a slightly lower price than the boxes offered, and my grill came with a FULL tank of propane (the boxes will NEVER do that) plus a cute and delicious jar of barbecue sauce. Beat that! Check around locally, seriously; relationships are so important, not just the almighty dollar.