Good going Price Pfister!

I had a problem with my 12 year old faucet (cartridge leaked water under the handle and rotted the handle out) A couple of Emails later I got a new one for free in the mail.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote the following:

I had a 20 year old Moen gold tone faucet where the gold tone corroded around the faucet end. I emailed Moen with pics and they emailed back saying they don't have the gold tone faucet anymore, and to pick another replacement. I did and they sent me a new faucet.

Reply to
willshak

I think i have you both beat. In the kitchen I had a Moen with a filter option built into the spout. Press a little button for filtered water. It was in the house when I bought it but was told it's only a couple years old. Using a multi color LED it lets you know when to change the filter. I didn't have the instructions, so I looked it up on their website. The instructions were NLA. I emailed about it saying surely someone can make a copy but instead I got a reply apologizing for not having that part number in supply and NLA. Along with that they gave me my choice of any brand new fixture similar to what I had! I ended up using the old one until the filter, and the one spare filter were shot (a voice conversation with someone in tech support told me what the different color LED's meant). So about 1 year later I installed the new free fixture.

Reply to
Tony

When I talked to Moen about the bad 1200 series valve in my faucet, they told me that the thing was not under warranty as their buy it for life warranty did not start until the 90's. I should have told them it was only a couple years old as they still use the same cartridge in the new ones.

Reply to
Roanin

When they started charging shipping for their constantly problematic kitchen faucet I had (fairly new, but 2 or 3 defective cartriges and 2 leaky sprayers, total), I decided that if I had one more problem, that I'd rip the lemon out. My time and inconvenience are worth something.

I now have a Delta.

Reply to
mike