Price Pfister Pfaucets

Had a problem with the last two Price Pfister pfaucets. Wouldn't stay on, and the replacement cartridges started making a creaking noise and a jerky motion when using the handle. A single handle kitchen faucet model. They sent me replacement cartridges, and both creak.

Now I see them on sale at the Borg, and I need three for an addition. Did I get some bad ones, or are they just going to seed? Had some cheap Glacier Bay, and they worked fine.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Did you apply the lube that they supply with the new cartidge?

Reply to
Sanity

No lube with new cartridge. Would you apply it on the sliding rectangular top post? In that case, I can pull it and lube it. What kind of lube?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

If the lube doesn't help, get yourself some Moen faucets for the addition. You might have to visit a real plumbing supply or bath/kitchen store to get them. They might be more expensive, but it's not like you buy a new faucet every week. You'll be happy with the Moen stuff.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't know exactly what kind of lube it was but it looked and felt like Vaseline.

Reply to
Sanity

Totally agree. I believe Moen is now the best quality.

If the lube doesn't help, get yourself some Moen faucets for the addition. You might have to visit a real plumbing supply or bath/kitchen store to get them. They might be more expensive, but it's not like you buy a new faucet every week. You'll be happy with the Moen stuff.

Reply to
newman

Ditto on the Moen (or Grohe, or any better brand). The Price Pfister stuff is mediocre at best. I was in a hurry in the midst of a kitchen remodel a few years ago and ended up with a PP instead of my usual Moen or Grohe, and I regret it already. When this one finally "taps out", I'll just replace it with a decent one.

Reply to
Andrew Duane

PP is JUNK. Cut your losses and get a Moen

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Ask for plumbers grease at the hardware store.

As for new faucets look for the ceramic disk valves. I have had good luck with American Standard brand but other quality brands should be OK also.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf