Price Pfister Phaucet Question

I made the mistake of buying a P-F set like that some time ago. It was hassle to install, got funky inside of a year, never made it to the second year because the cheap brass alloy rotted out and leaked. Replaced it with Kohler, no leaks, no adjustments needed, stout and reliable. My advice, don't waste your time on the turkey. Fundamentally, single control designs are far less robust then the conventional two handle types. Get any other brand like Kohler, Delta, Moen, whatever, and remember that $ spent on cute come from $ spent on longevity. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I have a new kitchen faucet by Price Pfister. A Bacharach model, IIRC. It has one lever, left and right, up and down to adjust the temp and flow.

My problem is that when it is used at a slow water flow rate, the weight of the handle causes the handle to drop and shuts off the water. I just pulled the setscrew and handle, and I cannot see any adjustment on there. Just a large nut down inside a collar that would be hard to grasp.

I threw away the directions. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

A visit to the FAQ at Price Pfister's website, always a good place to start, says that the fix for a drooping handle is to replace the cartridge. They should send you a replacement cartridge under warranty if you ask them -- the one time I asked they sent me one with no questions asked beyond "what is the model" and "what address should we send it to". Replacing the cartridge in one of these should take all of five minutes if you don't stop for a coffee break along the way.

Reply to
John McGaw

Remove & Replace!

I made the mistake of spending 140 bucks on a price pucker phaucet. Boy, did I get hosed! Mine flowed so slow, it'd take like 10 minutes to fill a pitcher of water. I called and bitched, talked to some gal who spoke broken English so badly that I could not understand most of what she said. They sent some new parts and stuff for it, but I didn't even bother. I pulled that phunky piece of pfister shit out and replaced it with a quality faucet. I suggest you do the same!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Another problem with PF faucets is that you can only get replacement parts from them by mail. When do you need replacement parts? When it's leaking or broken. When do you want them? Now. My advice to any potential PF buyers is to call them not long after installing the faucet and tell them you need a rebuild kit so you will have it when you actually need it.

Reply to
Zed

Joe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Put one of these Kohler's in

Spent almost $300 bucks on it...worth every dime so far.

Reply to
Al Bundy

innews: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Suggest you get the cartridge from PF and as some one who has been in the trade for a few years 1 the parts are avaible at the store you bought it at 2 Well kohler is good try and find a store with the parts. 3 If this is brand new it will do this for a week or two then the promblem will go away as the cartridge lube will settle in.

Reply to
jim

"jim" wrote

The same one at the cabin is year old now, and it still does it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB