Glidden paint: Evermore vs Endurance

In a recent Consumer Reports, they had Glidden Endurance exterior latex paint as one of the top performers. However, when I checked at Home Despot they did not have Endurance, they only had a type called Glidden "Evermore". In fact, I can't seem to find Endurance anywhere. Does anyone know what the difference is between these? Is Evermore a decent paint?

Thanks,

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly E Jones

Here's what google has to say:

With a quick glance, it looks like the Endurance is a stain not a paint. I'm with you, though, because I read the CR and saw it as paint as well.

--Don--

Reply to
Don H.

Already did the Googling before I posted here. There is an 'Endurance' stain, but there is also a paint by that name. I'm only interested in the paint.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly E Jones

Glidden Endurance paint can only be purchased at Sherwin Williams paint stores. I had the Glidden Endurance paint used on my trim in

2001 and the painter said it was the best around.

The Wobulator

*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*
Reply to
The Wobulator

I find that amusing, I gues somebody bought out somebody, I always used to use Glidden on my rental properties, and Sherwin Williams was a competitor.

-v.

My mistake - I confused Sherwin Williams Duration with Glidden Endurance. Glidden Endurance is a stain. Sorry.

The Wobulator

*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*
Reply to
The Wobulator

"Glidden Endurance paint can only be purchased at Sherwin Williams paint stores. I had the Glidden Endurance paint used on my trim in 2001 and the painter said it was the best around. " The Wobulator ___________________________________

Your joking right? I hope so, I really don't think it's funny to outright lie to someone. Sherwin Williams stores are company owned stores, they sell Sherwiin Williams paint and NO other, also NO other paint company or store sells Sherwin Williams paint out of their store. I think you owe the guy an apology. Al

Reply to
call_me_al

They still are. Don't believe everything you read.

Reply to
noway