G clamp or C clamp?

Then why are you complaining so loudly about it?

Incorrect. For standby items like keyboards self-discharge determines standby times, not capacity.

Jan

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

Was I? I simply pointed out China makes s**te.

Wrong. My keyboard will use a pair of NiMH 2100mAh in 6 months. No battery self discharges that quickly. Not since NiCad.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

The Chinese copy branded good stuff, and make it as cheaply as possible.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

The Chinese also make much of the "Branded good stuff".

Reply to
charles

Yep. 100% of the time, no exceptions, never ever *ever*...nope, good stuff ain't ever going to come out of China.

I'm guessing at this point you just want to hear yourself talk.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's the Japanese.

Reply to
James Wilkinson
  • J. J. Lodder:

Non-rechargeable batteries bought from IKEA here in Canada used to be Made in Germany. I last bought these maybe 3 years ago.

Reply to
Oliver Cromm

I find it far easier to buy EVERYTHING on Ebay, where everything is everything except petrol and food.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

C-clamps, G-clamps, F-clamps

What letter shall we assign to these?

DerbyDad03

That anomaly in the IKEA program has been fixed. They finally discovered that their 'green' image required having rechargeables too,

Ja

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

except petrol and food.

The Netherlands are a lucky country. Ebay is completely unknown there,

Jan

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

Why do you consider that lucky? When I need a drill bit etc, I just go to Ebay and it comes through my letterbox. Why should I have to spend half an hour going to a shop?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

It is not clear how you determine the point of complete discharge. It looks like you are risking over discharging the test battery. I thought you have built yourself a gadget using some of the battery monitoring IC's and a Rasberry Pi or something like that.

It is also not clear if the light bulb matches the wattage range the battery is designed for.

----- ------

In the US at least, there is no Fuji brand camera that I know of. So if you have a Fuji then it is likely to be a knock-off.

My Fujifilm is not a digital camera and is from further back. An acquaintance of mine who owned a photo print lab told me that from his experience at the shop, Fujifilm had the best zoom lens for a point-and-shoot camera in the price range that I wanted to spend.

Reply to
Tak To

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 18:25:11 +0100, Tak To wrote:=

te:

, except these aren't.

The voltage drops off pretty quickly with all rechargeables, so the same= answer is achieved.

Doesn't happen unless it's a lead acid. Then you have to turn it off be= fore it drops the voltage too much.

A 5 hour discharge seems reasonable to me. After all, these batteries s= hould work in torches.

There's probably no such thing as "Fuji". Just that people always short= en Fujifilm to Fuji in everyday conversation.

I agree, the lens on my digital is very good. And you get more magnific= ation per =A3 than other makes. But the CCD is nothing like as high res= as they make out. Best thing to do is to compare actual test pictures = from various cameras you're considering, on something like dpreview.

-- =

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipme= nt, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

The lucky part is getting idem in the mailbox without having a need for Ebay, or even knowing that such a thing exists in less fortunate parts of the world.

And the next lucky part is having both options,

Jan

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

I can go to a shop if I want, but it's a lot more time consuming than just clicking. Plus Ebay has infinitely more choice.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Are you the former Mr. MaCaw?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Depends on what you need, and where you are,

Jan

Reply to
J. J. Lodder

And often from the same factory,