Clamp storage

I have a lot of the wrap around clamps that consist of a threaded rod, with corner block. The clamp is then assembled so that it goes around the rectangle object.
The rods area about 3/8" and 30" long. With they disassemble to a small package, being rods they are difficult to handle
Has any one any good suggestions for storing this type of clamps
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 1:21:18 PM UTC-4, keith snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Would something like this work? Or something similar, perhaps made from PVC. Add a shelf/box for the corner blocks.
https://tinyurl.com/yd795fb7
Full URL:
https://0c3e66699e7888fc796a-b81ff6485f85a81c17fc5ed8482993db.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/Threaded-Rod-Rack-12294-8356C067A77DA.jpg
On 4/27/2018 3:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yes!
As per size it is a little over kill. You would be surprised how many 3/8 inch rods you can get in a small space.
I will think about that.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 3:24:43 PM UTC-4, keith snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

That is specifically why I said "something like this". ;-)
Seems like a single or a couple of 4" PVC pipes is all you need. Make a base to stand them vertical or lay them horizontal, maybe up in a joist bay.
Something like this perhaps:
https://tinyurl.com/ybufdzcw
Full URL:
https://hative.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/garage-storage-ideas/9-garage-storage-organization-ideas.jpg
On 4/27/2018 3:59 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I had thought of the 4" pipe, but unless I store the end blocks separately they get tangled when the blocks and rods are stored together.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5:35:31 PM UTC-4, keith snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Do you have a picture of or link to these types of clamps?
On 4/27/2018 8:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I make a lot of picture frames and stretchers, so mine gets a lot of use.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p1162&cat=1,43293,31162
When not in use they store as rods or rods with the corner blocks. However with the corner blocks they tend to tangle.
I have used them of some fairly large items like a bed frame.
In my opinion they give much better control of the gluing process than other types of clamps as by adjusting the nuts on each corner you can coax the mitered corners to perfect alignment.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5:35:31 PM UTC-4, keith snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Can you hang them like I do mime?
https://i.imgur.com/sDHDNGW.jpg
Or use smaller PVC, one rod per pipe:
https://i.imgur.com/KakbiZh.jpg
On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 2:06:12 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Wrong type clamp.
IF he got his where I got mine (Penn State) I know what he is talking about and have just hung mine on nails along the wall. But then I only have two and almost never use them.
On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 10:06:00 AM UTC-4, Dr. Deb wrote:

I know that. He posted a link to his style of clamp:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p1162&cat=1,43293,31162
It was the hanging/storage method that I was trying to show, not the clamp types.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:21:14 -0400

wrap them around something geometric that is already in the shop
or make such a protrusion from the wall and place it around that using concentric pattern for smaller sizes