Craftsman Chopsaw

I purchased a used Craftsman Work Station that I enjoy using. It is the wor k bench that revolves and locks into place so I can choose using the chop s aw, scroll saw, or belt sander. When using the 10" chop saw I discovered t he wood saw dust was not entering the dust bag. I cleared the chute but sti ll the sawdust would end up everywhere else. An neighbor told me the impell er is not working causing the problem. I studied the parts manual but coul d not locate anything that seemed to be an impeller. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Joseph Smiga

Dust collection systems on miter saws are notoriously terrible. They have been the bane of woodworkers since their invention. I have never heard of an impeller in any miter saw. I'd sure like to know what your neighbor is talking about.

Owners have tried everything from cardboard boxes to custom made hoods to shop vac attachments. Do a Google Image search for 'miter saw dust collection' to see the various rigs that people have tried.

Newer models are better than older ones but still far from great.

Unless it's a Kapex, of course.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bags on miter saws come with a lick and a promise.

So far the bags do not work, on any saw. You need to hook up a shop vac to get better collection and run it when cutting.

Or buy a Festool Kapex and use it with a shop vac.

Reply to
Leon