Fence or other screen ideas needed

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, a berm would need to be about 10 feet deep and 80-120 feet long. That's a lot of fill, and it would be difficult to keep in place on the hillside. It would also mean removing what little vegetation we currently have between us and the road.
Anthony

This web site describes privacy screens: http://www.lifeperfected.com/walls/index.html

It's not what I'm looking for, but interesting reading none-the-less... Thanks for the link.
Anthony
Tony,
A landscape architect may be able to advise you on ways of regaining some privacy. Sadly, it sounds as if you were using your neighbors' lands for privacy. Perhaps you should buy a larger acreage and move.
Dave M.
Dave,

In some ways, yes. When we moved here 15 years ago, we never dreamed the surrounding properties would be stripped and developed the way they have been. I guess I had the foolish assumption that other's would value the natural area the way that we do.
Actually, the homeowners might, but the developers see trees as easy money and cut them all down. They're just big weeds getting in the way of their paved drives and mini-mansions. The same developer has prepared all of the surrounding sites, so he applied the same mentality to all of them.
I had to laugh at the sales flyer for the new house. It showed a photo of the dozen or so remaining trees on the property (used to be hundreds), and touted the lot as a "natural wooded area". :)

Like I said, that's not an option. This is our home, and we intend to stay here. Besides, we couldn't afford anything else these days anyway. Prices around here have gone ballistic.
Anthony
Haven't you always been interested in raising a few pigs on your property? Which way does the wind blow?

Not really... :)

Usually towards the neighbors we LIKE. :)
Besides, I'm sure the mini-mansion has an elaborate air filtration system.
Anthony

Pig fumes penetrate anything. They will get through the containment building of a nuclear reactor, right throw the cement particles.

"right throw"? Did I type that? "through"!

Set up a couple of big telescopes in your yard, pointing right at the new house. Make them build a big fence to protect THEIR privacy.

What if he took pictures through those telescopes, and dropped them off with the neighbors. "Lookit this...aren't these great? This is your bedroom window, right? I'm gettin' a bigger lens next week....or maybe a Questar telescope. Is that the little wife? If I can figure out a way to cut the glare on the window..."
I don't think that's illegal.