Skarsten or other hook type scrapers

I've used Skarsten scrapers for many many a year and am down to my last couple of blades. Good for rough stuff, a great tool and easy to resharpen.

It appears that Skarsten have gone the way of all things following a fire at their Welwyn factory some while ago.There's another one gone. I use conventional cabinet scrapers for finer work.

Anyone know of a pull-back hook scraper that can be resharpened with reasonable ease? Or perhaps a source of NOS Skarsten hook blades?

Thanks,

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Faithfull make an exact copy of the Skarsten scraper. They also produce spare blades which also fit the Skarsten. Most good tool shops (not sheds) will either stock them or order them for you.

Reply to
Old Git

Damn, that's irritating. I like Skarsten scrapers and used them on my boat for removing anti-foul and for scraping off old varnish as part of the winter maintenance.

Bahco make similar scrapers, it's possible that the blades may fit (haven't tried them myself) or you could buy a new handle as well as the blades.

Steve Firth