clothesline or other stiff cable

I'm trying to find cable sleeves for clothesline or similar cable, red preferable. What it is for is short cable with a loop, at the ends, one end large enough to use fro hand hold. I want them to attach to wood to wood blocks, under jacks of a motor home, to make it easy to pull them out as I have a bad back. haven't figured an easy way to get them under the jacks, it in the first place though. I don't need 2 or 3 hundred just six or 8 and three five ft or so lengths with small loop on one end and larger hand loop.

Reply to
Lil Abner

A couple things come to mind off hand. One is a compression splice for electric livestock fence. The local farm store sells them is pack of 25 or fifty. More than you need but they're cheap. Another would be compression fittings for underground electrical wire. A local electrician might have some. Neither suggestion would look that good but should work.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Try a pet store for various colors and lengths of tie-downs. Get the

12' lengths and cut them in half to make two 6' lengths.

Use an eye hook in the wooden block to attach the cable's spring- loaded clip to the block. Lower item in this picture is a "lag" style, bit you could also use bolt-through styles if that fits your situation better.

For the handle end use cable clamps of this style (or any of a multitude of other styles of cable clamps) to make a loop at the cut end of the cable:

DerbyDad03

How about two eye-hooks a few inches apart on each block and something similar to a snake hook for placing and retrieving them?

Reply to
Larry Fishel

the problem I encounter is having to bend down and see the eyes or holes etc or I could use the awning rod to retrieve them. To place them because of ground friction you need the block not to be able to rotate around the rod end when pushing it in position. Obviously the solution would be a rod fixed onto the block long enough to place it and of course retrieve it, but you couldn't store it. Maybe some could but I wouldn't be able to find room. What ever RVer needs is a 6 year old Grand Kid to do the grunt work.

Reply to
Lil Abner

inches apart on each block and something

These DIY kits start as low as $49.99 each. Use them to push your blocks into (and out of) position.

Of course, the controller might be a bit more expensive...

Reply to
DerbyDad03