driveway sealcoating?

Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for sealcoating my drive.....12' x 140'.....
On Jul 4, 7:28 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Mad Dog) wrote:

For DIY, a good sealer may be $20/5gal can. Maybe 6 cans will do you and job will take about 3 hours. Buy sealer and hire "Jose" and get by for about $150 total ;) Frank
(Mad Dog) wrote:

We deal with professional asphalt companies in our business. For a big project, they charge $.18 per square foot for sealcoating. Yours is a small job, and would be more than that IF you can get a pro to even come out.
Remember that a professional job will include more than a DIY or off the back of a pickup job. The "pot" for dribbling hot sealer in cracks prior to sealing is about $10 grand. So, it's not something the average handyman has at his disposal.
There are several ways to get this done. Professionally. DIY. Amateur. Gypsies.
Check around because a good job can last five years under heavy use. A bad job will be streaking all over the place in a week.
Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.
Steve

first coat on a worn surface never previously coated will take a good bit more material since it absorbs into the asphalt.