Does The 3M Woodworking Dusk Mask Irritate Your Throat?

I wanted to put this question on the rec to find out if anyone has been experiencing the same issue with the 3M 8511, N95 dusk mask for woodworking & sanding. Over the past couple of months I have been working in the garage alot and wearing the dusk mask mentioned above. During this time period I have been experiencing an irritation in my troat. The feeling I get is like I have a dry spot on my throat that doesn't go away after I drink alot of water. I stopped wearing the mask for a couple of days and the symptoms went away. Just today I had to sand something and I put the dust mask on for 30 minutes or so. Sure enough I had the same symptoms again.

Does anyone else have the same issues with this dusk mask?

Reply to
x071907

3M Customer Service might like to hear about this, Give them a call.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Im sure the dust is getting past the mask .Wear it without working and see . You really need a better mask.

Reply to
m Ransley