death in group

Page 10 of 11
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 04:55:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

The hours listed are 8am to 10pm - so the alarm would have to have been set. Someone likely just hollered "anyone up there" and pulled the hatch down and locked it - Ass-U-ming whoever was up there just forgot to latch it when he left......
On 8/26/2016 7:55 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

OK, they checked he back room and rest room. Before you leave your house do you go up on the roof? At 10 PM? I doubt walking the roof is SOP.
This is an unusual happening. People on the roof is probably a one or two day a year event that never happens on the late shift. I worked in two places with interior access to the roof and no one ever checked when we locked up.
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 5:36:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The only thing I was responding to was the "24 hour operation" comment. This was not a 24 hour store. They key point of my "hint" was that they *left*. It was a hint to indicate that all it would have taken was a quick internet check to realize that the store closed at 10.

In every building I have worked in with rooftop access the alerm would not set without the roof access being closed and latched from the inside. About half a dozen different buildings. None could easily be latched from outside.
On 8/26/2016 9:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Your experience is different than mine. No alarm on them.
OTOH, even if it was, somebody could have closed it. Looked, saw nothing at night, locked it up. Until we see a report, anything we say is just speculation.

Or someone tracks down his sister and calls her. For one, to let her know that there are many here in this newsgroup that are sad to see him go, and have been discussing about him for three weeks!
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 10:07:44 PM UTC-5, Don Wiss wrote:

The funeral home did not respond to my email. Just asking if there was any addition information they could give.
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:41:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

This one is not. It is 8AM - 10PM seven days a week.
But as I argue elsewhere, I doubt there is a hatch, but a stairs leading to the tower that is in the front corner of the store. This means there is a door to a small room with the stairs near the front entrance.

I can't see Wallgreen (or even the soon-to-be-owned-by-Wallgreen RiteAid across the street) sacrificing retail space at the front of their store for a staircase. Maybe they did. Corner entrance stores I've seen have registers along one wall and shelf space along the other. I suppose there could be a catwalk above the ceiling so the stairs wouldn't have to be right at the front, but I wouldn't be suprized at all the the whole facade, including the little window, is wholely decorative.
I wonder how they got him down.
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net (Fake ID) wrote:

There is clearly a tower on the roof in the front corner: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Liberty+St+%26+Elm+St,+Penn+Yan,+NY+14527/@42.6601404,-77.0566999,63m/data =!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d0e5cd4c1789c7:0x1e3bcec0d09948c6!8m2!3d42.660598!4d-77.0561319

Wearing nose plugs.
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 6:15:27 PM UTC-5, Don Wiss wrote:

...and the baking process would make him lighter!
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:33:03 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:

ntified

?s

This was the original post...noticing his lack of posting. This one was evi dently started by a nym-shifter who has not responded since, re-posting it here. https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en #!topic/alt.home.repair/-NHDAQVKUiA
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:33:03 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:

ntified

?s

As you all know, Christopher always signed his posts with the tagline "Lear n more about Jesus" and a link to the LDS.org website. So, to honor his mem ory I carried out his wish and clicked on the site. I always knew the Mormo n church had vast archives of genealogy data but assumed it was mostly Morm on data. I was wrong; I entered by great grandfather's name and got all kin ds of information. While old census records are often hard to read, all the detail has been transcribed and made easy to find. Check it out if you are interested.
On 08/27/2016 10:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

No, they squirrel it all away in case they want to retroactively baptize someone.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/us/jews-take-issue-with-posthumous-mormon-baptisms-beliefs.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-10-people-posthumously-baptized-by-mormons-2012-3?op=1/#n-dunham-1
http://www.ldsliving.com/What-You-Didn-t-Know-About-the-Founding-Fathers-Temple-Work-Story/s/78831
I was in a small museum in Evanston WY that had a section devoted to the Chinese community. Like many railroad towns it once had had a vibrant community serving the railway workers. There was a young Asian woman and I called it to her attention. When she asked me if I knew who my ancestors were I assumed it was an Asian thing. We got to talking and it came out it was a Mormon thing. She invited me to attend services at her stake in SLC. She was cute but not cute enough to lure me into the Borg.
On 8/28/2016 9:59 AM, rbowman wrote:

someone should come up with ceremony for the posthumous renunciation of posthumous baptisms.

I suspect they do it in Utah, where they control the government. I'm sure that the church signs off on any new legislation or taxes, so I don't see that they're going to do anything to discourage the practice.

I know some people who have been very upset by this kind of thing. They think the Mormons should mind their own damn business. I'm sure that people also get mad at hearing that their loved ones have been retroactively baptized into another religion.

I've had more Mormons show up at the front door than Jehovah's Witlesses. With the Witlesses, I just tell them I'm a Satanist. For the Mormons I ask them why they belong to a cult and if they're aware that the founder of the Mormon Church was a petty thief and con man.
Have a nice day! :)
On 08/29/2016 04:29 AM, Bud Frede wrote:

I haven't had either show up at my door in a long time. Maybe it's the bikes in the driveway or my general Heathen attitude. I don't have any use for any of those middle Eastern religions from Mo and the boys onward.
He is gone, and what we can do to honor his having participated in this group is to try to be polite in our responses to those posting we do not agree with. That is what he would have wished us to do.
On 8/28/2016 9:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I can go along with that