Damn, it's cold

Page 4 of 5
it would have to exist first.

HeyBub wrote:

Hi, How about adding a "-" sign in front of that number. I am in Calgary, Alberta, Last 10 days we had -20C weather with some snow as well. Nothing to it, LOL!

That's warm. Las Vegas has been down to 32F the past two nights. I'm freezing. It was only 34F this morning - two hours after sun rise!

Evacuate, stock up on food, closing schools & roads, no mail........ What happened, somebody see a snowflake?
High here today, 29 F, with 10 inches of new snow. Just a typical day, no big deal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Speak softly and carry a loaded .45 Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy Web Site: www.destarr.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
David Starr wrote:

Its a standing joke around Portland Oregon that when a snowflake is seen at the Whistler ski resort north of Vancouver, B.C., the entire PDX metro area shuts down, canclling schols until July.
The local tv stations compete to out do each other with Cassandra inspired predictions of weather catastrophies which never ocurr.

Ya got that right! Just went through it last week end. Starting Tuesday they were hyping the big storm coming with up to 5" of snow starting Sat evening. By Thurdsday they were down to the "WINTER STORM WARNING, RUN! HIDE!" and kept up the fever pitch through the evening news on Sat with nothign happening except a few flurries. Late news at 11 they were toning it down. First words on the morning news Sun morning "It tapered off about midnight".
Hey dummies, it didn't taper off, it never started.
Not to mention that a 5" snowfall back when would only get a minor mention in the news.
Harry K

Hah, I was running the AC last night. (Fl)

Maybe you haven't live there long enough to see it snow in Miami. Your turn is coming.

Hurricanes, lightening strikes, tornadoes, wild fires. I'll keep my 4 seasons tyvm.
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:28:38 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

It will snow there, also.

I won't hold my breath for snow, but I have the heat on right now as it is 39 degrees...lol
HeyBub wrote:

In Houston Today it was so cold......

You're joshin' me?
Oren wrote:

The response I was looking for was "How cold was it?"
I miss Johnny Carson.
--jack
"HeyBub" wrote

==All because it's 38 degrees?? Surely you jest.

Nope, and don't call him Shirley!
Harry K
Wow, that sounds miserable. 38F? You have my compassion. What will you ever do!
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"HeyBub" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Unless I missed it, he never explained why his neighborhood was so disabled? Just because of low temps? Don't they have heat in their schools?
APPARENTLY, they think 38 is cold or something.
12 here as i type. might have to get the coat out of storage.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Of course we have heat in our schools. That's why the schools are air-conditioned.
We didn't build the world's first air-conditioned sports stadium to be ostentatious! Well, maybe a little...