Case for a dash cam on your car

# # Can you imagine if that happened in America? # Panic stations!
Just goes to show what results occur when an idiot like you "imagines"

a, but the videos are entertaining...

The religious freaks would be out predicting doom. There would be a mad scramble to get into the doomsday shelters.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/case-for-a-dash-cam-on-your-car-737140-.htm DA wrote: HeyBub wrote:

Since this is not the first link to Russian dash cam accident videos in this group, it should have read: "From Russia, and the videos are as entertaining as ever"

Which one was the case, the meteorite or the truck? I mean, sh*t happens everywhere, perhaps it would be useful to have it recorded anyway, regardless of how good your local legal system is. I mean, this is a wealth or real world data that car/truck manufacturers could put to a great use, I'm sure. Not sure how would they collect it other than Youtube though.
But science for the next 100 years (until the next meteor of this size falls and someone is lucky to catch it on camera) will be indebted to the Russian legal system that "rarely favors first-hand accounts of traffic collisions" for the awesome videos of the extremely rare and important event.
--

/\_/\
((@v@)) NIGHT

Someone on t he ABC or NBC news said a lot of people in Russia had dashcams. Just a passing phrase and no reason given.

Fraud, fake accidents, fake police stops are all allegedly rampant there.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

We had occasion to hire somebody from Moscow some years back.
If a stranger had told me stories she told about the place I would not have believed them. Sounded to me like rule of law was pretty much absent.
--
Pete Cresswell

Sorta like Chicago.

NBC's evening news had a story on this. See if you can find it on the Internet because the s*** that went down in front of cars in Russia was something you had to see to believe (maybe)
On 02/19/2013 08:22 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Stuff happens here too, just not as often. There've been a couple times in my life that I wish I'd had a dash cam running. One time it was another driver that I to this day believe was trying to do a "swoop and squat" on me but I managed to avoid him because my skills were still pretty sharp from a previous job that involved some test track time. Had I had a dash cam I definitely would have turned the footage over to the cops.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Hah! That is rife over here (UK). Mostly f***g Poles and other East Europeans. They go for insurance claims on fake whiplash injuries.

The news report I watched followed up the story on the meteorite with, more or less...
"For those of you who are wondering why there are so many dash cam videos of the meteorite, it is because of the vast number of hit and run accidents in Russia as well as insurance fraud. It's so bad that the insurance companies won't pay claims unless the owner has proof that the accident was truly an accident."
I'm glad they explained it because all day I had been wondering why there were so many videos of a once in a lifetime event.
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:49:48 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

I'm glad too. Maybe the insurance fraud is just God's way of making sure the meteorite will be photographed.

I guess we should ban all dash cams, then.

They said on the news that "everyone" in Russia has a dash cam. Seems like a throw back to the days everyone had CB radios.
your car:

What they mean is "everyone who is cool".