Dryer Vent Cleaning Videos:

Metspitzer wrote the following:

Now that's something I had never thought of. Thanks.

Reply to
willshak

Note he used a special nozzle on the end of his air hose. Betcha one could be made pretty easily.

Reply to
HeyBub

Stop the top video at 00:07 -- it looks like a clear hose that bends/curls and sprays the lint outward.

My dryer vent goes up and out the roof ..

Reply to
Oren

All the dryers should probably have the vent hose disconnected at the dryer before doing this. All he is doing is using air to blow the lint from the sides of the vent pipe. It has to go somewhere. What does not go outside will go back to the dryer.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes. It always, also helps to cart the dryer outside and blow it off with an air hose.

I stick a shop vac hose up the vent. Because my dryer vent is vertical. I have found lint on the roof tiles :-/

Reply to
Oren

oes not go outside

my dryer started drying verty slow, i pulled the dryer out and fond a low spot and double dip in the vent line, a leftover from replacing water lines.

i disconnected and reached in line, pulled out some lint, picked hose up and got drenched.

the dip was holding water. after a little rearranging the dryer has worked fine since

Reply to
hallerb

Watch both videos *and* scroll down the page.

As the hose is fed in, the air nozzle blows air backwards out of the duct, not inwards towards the home's interior.

The website says "No lint enters the dryer or residence."

I'm not endorsing...just quoting.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When I lived in a condo (and sat on Council) we had all 129 drier vents cleaned this way every few years. They never once damaged a dryer.

I have tried unsuccessfully to fine a tip similar to the one the guy used. The tip rotated (fairly rapidly) and directed the air back towards the outside vent opening.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Found it! Only twenty bucks.

More, like "Forward" nozzles, etc.

HeyBub

Thanks!

Although it is not exactly what the guy was using this looks like it would do the job. I don't see a need in getting the clear hose, any really flexible air hose should do.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Look at that link -- is shows a "support ball". . I tried to describe this moons ago and thought they were made from another material.

I saved the home page URL.

Reply to
Oren

Somehow, lugging the dryer up the basement steps just doesn't appeal...

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

does not go outside

its excellent exercise:) shop vac and compressor air hose equals clean dryer

Reply to
hallerb

Then shop-vac the lint from the dryer ;)

Reply to
Oren