Can I install a damper on

Mitch:
" > I have a four-seasons room off the kitchen. It's about 14' X 16', " > carpeted, insulated, high vaulted ceiling. " > " > I want to smoke cigars in there during the winter, but I don't want " > smoke to affect the rest of the house. " > " > Can I close off the air return, and put a small fan in the window, " > blowing out? Would this do the trick? " > " > If this works out, I could go ahead install a dedicated fan higher up " > towards the "peak" of the room.
Seems logical to me. "Details" needed to be sure the fan ventilates properly is you will need to supply a sufficient amount of air for the fan to exhaust. If the room is airtight there would be no available air for the fan to remove. So you would need to have air available for the fan to exchange. This air also needs to come from the area where you will be smoking: with the an in/near the ceiling and an air source a few feet away it may not circulate/mix sufficiently to remove the desire smoke. As the real estate people say, "location, location, location." <g>
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* What happened when the computer fell on the floor? It slipped a disk.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
TimS wrote:

Thanks for your judgement on my lifestyle. Why don't you quit being a jerkoff, and live a longer and healthier life?
Why don't you quit hanging around with sick people, and live a longer and healthier life?