flue damper install

I have an older hot water boiler heating my house. It is a General Automatic LG8. I would like to add an electric flue damper to increase its efficiency. I bought an effikal rvgp-pc-68kf damper. The instructions say it requires a redundant gas valve. My gas valve is a Honeywell V81E. Does anyone know if this is a redundant valve? If not, do I really need one, and what can I replace it with? Is there anything else I should know before installing this damper? Thank you very much, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oscar_Lives

You know, asking those questions qualifiy you as "not being qualified" to install the flue damper. Your best bet is to have someone who is qualified install it.

If you insist, make sure you wire it correctly. The boiler should never be able to fire until the damper is fully open. If you screw up, it will be real cheap to run your boiler because you will be dead.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

"Dave" wrote

Hey, go for it. What's the worst that can happen? You and your family die of CO poisoning, right? I have a question for you. I just bought a private jet,and the instructions say that i need a pilot's license, but they're pretty expensive. I'm thinking of flying to Hawaii this weekend, so I think it's just a matter of revving up the engine until it takes off, then reducing power enough until it comes down over top of the runway. How hard can it be, right. Wish me luck! Anybody wanna come along for the ride? We're gonna save lots of money!

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I have no idea what are you trying to do but "Redundant" means additional and not one that is already there Dido

Reply to
AKS

Bob_Loblaw posted for all of us...

You and J F Kennedy Jr

Reply to
Tekkie®

You really think that installing a flue damper needs as much TRAINING and PRACTICE as piloting a jet?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Good Luck !! (Sorry Bob, I just couldnt resist)

Naahh, you fly'er alone. Post back to us after you land! lol

Reply to
gofish

What's the movie?

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

"Mark" wrote

No.....more.......

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Screw that, I want to know if the stewardess's are purdy.

Reply to
Al Moran

Ya, Bruce is kind of cute.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

B-Hate-Me posted for all of us...

I Smell Nothing - written by Noah Odor, produced by Izzy Dead, starring Hiz Family...

Reply to
Tekkie®