New Four Seasons Marketing Ploy (beware)

We got bit by the San Antonio Four Seasons outlet. They send a sales rep out. He surveys, photos, offers price, makes deal aaaannnnnndddd, hmmmm, he apparently is incompetent, the "engineer" shows up 4 or 5 days later, after they have signed contracts etc. explains how the sales rep didnt know what he was doing, BINGO< price goes from 27K and change to 37K. Needless to say, no deal and will have nothing good to relay about their tactics. Be warned.

Reply to
Bakpain

What&#39;s a "Four Seasons outlet"?

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Sunrooms.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

Thanx.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

I looked at several and I thought Patio had the best product. My wife decided she wants screens in between the window panes so we will go with stick built using Pella windows. My only problem with all the the sunroom companies is you look at the warranty and they say they are forever but they except normal wear and tear. So what happens if the windows leak and you ask for a replacement and they say its normal wear and tear. Plus most have binding arbitration clauses so you cannot even sue them in small claims court.

Reply to
Art

So... You&#39;re saying this seemingly reputable company was willing to give up 27K in the hopes that you "might" agree to spend 10K more??? Doesn&#39;t sound like something that makes very good business sense, even "deceptive" business sense... I mean, if they&#39;re gonna try to "ploy" you, one would think they&#39;d do it in a manner that they wouldn&#39;t loose the original arrangement in the process.

Tactics? I don&#39;t know - sounds like simply what it was - dumb salseman, smart engineer.

Reply to
BiloxiBoy

Reply to
Bakpain

I agree, it didnt make any sense. The dif in cost was surely going to drive us off. We got the whole deal though. The manager of the local retailer was "new". The salesman was "new" the guy that called us was supposed to be from New York brought in to fix some issue. Issues hell, if this is how they continue to do business, they have more than issues. Going to have another company (Florian) come in and give us a bid. If they are close to the 37K of Four Season then we will know, dumbarse or scam.

Reply to
Bakpain

Why do you doubt this? Tactics like this are done all the time. By the time the "engineer" come around,the customer has committed to having that new whatever, told the friends and neighbors and is reluctant to back down. You&#39;d be surprised how often this is done.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thiswritten contract represents the entire contract and the seller will not be bound by any verbal representations or promises by any agent or appparent agent.

mm

They sell enclosures. I thought that was a place to imprison the neibhbor boy or my mother in law.

mm

You mean blinds betweens the panes? A friend just had the Pella windows with the blinds between the panes installed...nice looking windows.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom

To the tune of $10K? If true, the world is certainly going downhill faster than I thought...

In any event, I still can&#39;t see why I - as a business man looking to survive in the business world - would employ these kinds of tactics if it means there&#39;s even the possibility that I would loose a $27K sale. I mean, I could see a few hundred and then call it a "ploy", but that&#39;s a lot of money to be tossing away in the hope of making another $10,000. I mean, $10K is an almost sure deal breaker, at least in "my" world it is. So why risk it???

Reply to
BiloxiBoy

Yes I meant blinds between panes and invisible screens that roll up when not needed. And the Patio brand I mentioned is actually Patio Enclosures.

Reply to
Art

Warned about what? You had a signed contract. You could have stuck to your guns and let them worry about where that extra 10K was coming from. Of course in those sort of situations, you&#39;d better stay on top of the work to make sure they&#39;re not cutting corners.

RicodJour

Because the $27K doesn&#39;t represent any profit, so loosing that deal is desirable. It&#39;s just part of the sales ploy to get the $37K. I wonder what would happen if someone made a downpayment and then sued for specific performance?

Reply to
Goedjn

You won&#39;t win specific performance but you will win damages. Unfortunately, court costs and attorney fees will eat the winnings up. Courts rarely award specific performance where money damages can be substituted.

Reply to
Art

I thought about fighting it but they said the engineer had the right to determine that the job was "unbuildable" as designed by the salesperson and they could pull out anyway. Without getting lawyers involved I figure the best thing to do is find another REPUTABLE company and let everyone on every remodeling alt. know about it. I even told the "New York" manager to keep an eye out on Google for his companies name.

Reply to
Bakpain