Damper for kitchen ventilator

The external damper for my kitchen stuck open last month. It's not frozen shut, but I can't get up to it until spring. I now have quite an effective reverse chimney into my kitchen. I have a choice of using the vent fan or packing it full of towels (I'd refer to have the vent available for use). The vent pipe runs up thru the ceiling behind a cover and is easy to get to. Any suggestions for installing a flapper in the kitchen? I'm thinking a powered damper might be best as the old one was never that effective at sealing and every time the wind blows, you hear it flapping around.

Recommendations for a good soluntion? The powered dampers I've seen online don't look like they are designed to seal well (they are intended for chimney flues).

Reply to
AlH

Most dampers are in the fan housing.

Reply to