Bagster?

To follow up my own post, this 10 inch depth limitation sounded terrible, but it's not at all. On another part of their webpage, they said that the heavy stuff could only be 10 inches thick and you could put all the other stuff on top of that.

It might be up to 50 dollars more than alternatives, for people who have alternatives, but it seems easy and convenient, doesn't require finding and hiring someone, won't scrape up the driveway like a steel dumpster, isn't pretty but also not ugly like a steel dumpster.

If you have several loads, worth looking for guy with a pickup.

Reply to
mm

It don't cost nothing to find out...

Reply to
HeyBub

But I'll know you have it, and I'm going to tell them.

Reply to
mm

Too late. I went online and scheduled a pickup last night. The cat is out of the bagster!

Reply to
salty

The van costs $21 for 90 minutes, I live 10 minutes from the borg, the tip is 5 minutes further down the road and my wife and I can load, drive and unload in less than 90 minutes. Tipping fee was 70 odd dollars last time we did it and we had the van loaded floor to ceiling with old decking. Rent a dumpster or pay bagster if you've got the budget but anyone who is physically able can save hundreds of dollars hauling their own trash. I'll spend that money elsewhere.

Reply to
Cam in Toronto

I've read that they only rent to customers buying stuff to haul home. True?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That has never come up in conversation and it's not on the rental agreement but ;

1) I usually am hauling stuff home. 2) If I wasn't buying anything that day I'd be pleased to show them my VISA statement listing all the business I've given them. 3) Their competition is a little bit further down the road, is competitively priced, sells Maple Leaf brand lump charcoal and also rents vans.

It's not unusual to see another borg van at the tip while I'm there.

Cam

Reply to
Cam in Toronto

I used Bagster a week or so ago. Pretty cool. I paid 150 total. I was able to put the bag just about anywhere, filled it up with junk plus a little flooring from a small remodel, and called them to get it. I was able to wheel barrow the old tile into the bag - real convenient. Anyway, I didn't want to go to the dump and take care of it myself... been there.... nasty! Big dumpster was too much. I'll definitely consider it again

Reply to
holentwo