Bagster?

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:19:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Very dangerous to burn painted or treated wood for heat.

I have about a cubic yard of asphalt roofing material to get rid of, chucklehead. When the bagster folks take it to the reclamation center to dump it, it will get recycled, and probably used for paving roads. That process will also reclaim the thousands of nails embedded in the roofing.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 14, 1:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I pile it up beside the house until I have enough and then rent a van from the borg. I can make it to the dump and return the van in less than 90 minutes. I can move 2 yards of debris for less than $100 total.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:01:55 -0700 (PDT), Cam in Toronto

I'm confused. Don't the borgs rent vans for something like 10 or 20 dollars for 90 minutes. How do you get close to 100 dollars?
OTOH, how long to load 2 yards into the van? 10 or 20 minutes, or 30?
Add pictures here
✖

The van costs $21 for 90 minutes, I live 10 minutes from the borg, the tip is 5 minutes further down the road and my wife and I can load, drive and unload in less than 90 minutes. Tipping fee was 70 odd dollars last time we did it and we had the van loaded floor to ceiling with old decking. Rent a dumpster or pay bagster if you've got the budget but anyone who is physically able can save hundreds of dollars hauling their own trash. I'll spend that money elsewhere.
Add pictures here
✖
The van costs $21 for 90 minutes, I live 10 minutes from the borg,
I've read that they only rent to customers buying stuff to haul home. True?
Add pictures here
✖

That has never come up in conversation and it's not on the rental agreement but ; 1) I usually am hauling stuff home. 2) If I wasn't buying anything that day I'd be pleased to show them my VISA statement listing all the business I've given them. 3) Their competition is a little bit further down the road, is competitively priced, sells Maple Leaf brand lump charcoal and also rents vans.
It's not unusual to see another borg van at the tip while I'm there.
Cam
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:19:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

I like your attitude, but what would I do with my 6 x 12' deck.
Do you really think if I placed 25 year old wood on Craig's list, for free, anyone would want any of it? Half is pressure treated and I guess the other half is not.
Will someone who heats with wood mind that it is painted?
Plus a few cinder blocks.

I recycle quite a bit, but I think I'm stumped on my old deck.
Add pictures here
✖
mm wrote:

It don't cost nothing to find out...